Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 things
04-09-2006, 02:48 PM,
2 things
Since portcuilous work now in game you hit a wheel and it goes up will we be using them on imperial forts? Second since some Imperial forts are destroyed im guessin Buckmoth after the Daedra invasion we could maybe used old imperial ruined forts or we could use the Counts castle of Kvatch for that type of stucture. Also i Figured Out how to like had things the real world im getting better with The Exteriors Smile
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
04-09-2006, 03:05 PM,
RE: 2 things
Man, you need to work on the claritiy of your writing, we'll all benifit Wink

In all seriousness though, it really is up to whoever does the individual areas to make them look and work how they like. It is a good idea to bring opitions such as the moveable gates to the surface, so people know what they're working with.

And I really like the idea of the fort outside ald ruhn getting destroyed in the the deadra attack then the empire not bothering to rebuild... hmm could be a good source of quests...

(I do plan on having Ald Ruhn be almost completly rebuilt in the mod, with a few books documenting the attack, using the excuse that it takes time for rumors to travel Cyrodill, reconstruction has taken place within that time.)
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
04-09-2006, 04:34 PM,

Also found that drawbridges are ingame to.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
04-09-2006, 05:09 PM,
Quote:Originally posted by batman(I do plan on having Ald Ruhn be almost completly rebuilt in the mod, with a few books documenting the attack, using the excuse that it takes time for rumors to travel Cyrodill, reconstruction has taken place within that time.)
Wouldn't make a whole lot of sense if you haven't completed Oblivion's main quest. One gate is always left open after a city is levelled to make sure that everyone is dead and that nobody comes back to attempt to rebuild.
04-09-2006, 05:13 PM,

I'm going to reendorse my the earlier idea (not sure if Batman ever looked at it) that I had for the Daedra attack, being that a local hero like Venim's son heroically closed the gate himself. After all, the player in Oblivion isn't a demigod or anything, so why can't somebody else help out. As a result, the guy would be a local hero and a rival to any fame that the player might think he has. (So you closed the Oblivion gates? Well guess who took care of the ones around here.) The rumors about the Telvani trying to no avail could also tie in with this and help explain the alliance between the Redoran and Telvani.
04-09-2006, 05:15 PM,
How do you know a morrowind adventurer didn't remove the sigil stone and close the gate? It'll all be explained in the three part series: "Destruction of Ald Ruhn"

edit: Vrenir beat me to it, but no i don't think i ever saw that idea of yours Vrenir (I'll definetly make use of it though Wink )
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
04-09-2006, 05:17 PM,

I had more, about tying it into the Astronach Cult post-War MQ. It's in the Main Quest forum I think, one of the dealing with Oblivion threads. KuKulzA and I threw out some ideas for dealing with issues like the disappearance of Vivec and the Daedra attacks.
04-09-2006, 06:04 PM,

After Oblivion's main quest, it's impossible to open a stable portal directly from Tamriel to Mehrunes Dagon's plane of Oblivion. It's still possible to do that for the other planes of Oblivion, though (in Boethiah's quest, he opens a portal to his realm of Oblivion for you to enter (but they made his plane look exactly like Mehrunes Dagon's... laziness? :/)), but there's only one evil cliche lord of doom and destruction.
04-09-2006, 06:07 PM,

I'm glad you're not including Oblivion gates in the Main Quest that you HAVE to go in to. I hated Oblivion gates.
04-09-2006, 08:05 PM,

So this means we can still use Oblivion gates though? As long as they arent Mehrunes