Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2007 - 2009
04-26-2009, 01:39 AM,
2007 - 2009
hello all,
i eagerly joined up in 2007 and claimed Jx as my initials. Then bam! I got ill and spent a couple of months in hospital.
Early last spring I went back to playing Oblivion after a major crash leaving me with a computer that just couldn't get Morrowind And the CS working again.
Then I spent a month or so playing Kings Bounty the Legend ( cool game - great graphics) it's like chess with quests - soon tired of that and went back to Oblivion CS.

last October Fallout3 grabbed me and a month after the CS(GECK) come along and I played around with a few re-textures - but as I don't care for the depressing world full of FU language and way too much violence in every bloody sadistic fight.
My first Fallout3 outside encounter,level2, during a small punchup I tore off his arm, leg and decapitated the guy with my bare hands!!! Duh? Blood squirted everywhere. Typical joy I guess for today's teen raised on such stuff but too much for me.

So anyway that brought me into this year when I got a new computer.
Gateway-Intel quad core q9300-Nvidia 9800Gt-6gb ram AND Vista64.

As soon as I got it I spent the first few days 'cleaning' all the Gateway, Microsoft and 3rd party crap that shipped with it and installed Oblivion, after installation it worked beautifully, I can't tell you what a thrill I got seeing how well the graphics looked now that I could run Oblivion with every texture feature on full! Superb!! Then I tried my homemade Oblivion mod and that got me back to working with the CS.
With such renewed interested brought on by the stabilty of Vista64, I have also got interested in 3d modelling. (thats interested - not able to - yet) . I have made a few dishes and pots, I can make simple walls and furniture with collision and add seamless textures.

Vista seemed so good with Oblivion that I had to try Morrowind. That also works like a charm and looks incredibly cool with stunning graphics that I did not know it was capable of since since I started playing the game in 2002. I also found a french fellow who has figured how to port Morrowind models into Oblivion... however Bethesda doesn't allow the mods to be made public - I believe it's because they have shared copyright 'assets' with companies they no longer work with.

so anyhoo.. to make a long story even longer...
all this renewed interest in modding brought me back here after 18 months and I see the ST is still going strong and the interest is even greater.
So I would like to renew the claim id of Jx and have another bash at doing something for ST. my modding talents are not that great but I think I can at least do a house interior. Even as a Vista64 tester I may have some use.

I won't be of much help because I'm not really a team player (I am a hermit in real life), I don't have use messenger/ICQ etc and can take forever to respond to email, but you could brag the you have the world's oldest Oblivion modder (born 1941) working for you! :lol:
04-26-2009, 03:37 PM,
Re: 2007 - 2009
Welcome back! Smile

Quote:Originally posted by Jinix_the_Elder
hello all,

So I would like to renew the claim id of Jx and have another bash at doing something for ST.
Added. :check:

Quote:Originally posted by Jinix_the_Elder
my modding talents are not that great but I think I can at least do a house interior. Even as a Vista64 tester I may have some use.
Please check our claims section.

I'll send you a PM about testing our teaser.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
04-26-2009, 11:20 PM,

Welcome back Jinix_the_Elder. I am happy to see the renewed interest. Smile