Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2880 minutes?
08-03-2006, 11:59 PM,
2880 minutes?
What's with only being able to edit posts 2880 minutes after you posted them? I would really like to update one OP rather than post a new post with info very time.
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.

->Sir Winston Churchill
08-04-2006, 04:25 AM,

The time limit is the same for all members, apart from moderators. It's to protect the chronology of events so that past events can be referred to and understood in the future. It came about because a guy here had a development thread and then long afterwards decided to erase all his posts, which really screwed up the timeline.

Hope you don't mind I moved it to the faq board. I don't think we had a thread about the post edit time limit here before.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-04-2006, 08:07 AM,

I think it's a good idea, but 2880 minutes is a bit too long I think.... Make it 2000 minutes I say! :goodjob:
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
08-04-2006, 08:36 AM,

60 sec posting then?
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
08-04-2006, 09:27 AM,

Thanks a lot, RW and no probs about the move Smile
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.

->Sir Winston Churchill
08-09-2006, 07:40 AM,

2880 minutes before you can edit you post!!!1!
Thats way to long!!1!1
What if you forget something and need to edit.! DO you hAVE TO WAIt 2880 minutes!1!!!
It need to be maybe 5 min.
Moo!
08-09-2006, 07:59 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Flamethrower101
Thats way to long!!1!1
What if you forget something and need to edit.! DO you hAVE TO WAIt 2880 minutes!1!!!

Other way around. You only have 2880 minutes before you can't edit something you posted (moderators can.)

At least that's the way I understand it Smile

->Sir Winston Churchill
08-09-2006, 06:55 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Flamethrower101
Thats way to long!!1!1

No, it's for 2880 minutes that you CAN edit your post.