Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3DS version needed for Oblivion modding
04-26-2005, 09:25 AM,
3DS version needed for Oblivion modding
Quote:Posted by MattRyan on ESF
The version of 3ds Max that we use (both character artists and world artists) is 5.1

So if you're like me and would like to try some modelling before the game is released, that's the version to go for I think, to be reasonably sure they release a 3DSM-to-nif exporter.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-27-2005, 07:37 PM,

Too bad, I got 5.0.0 ... not that I'm able to use it anyway besides making boxes ... or balls ... :rofl: ... and I slightly wonder when my friend wants it back. He let me borrow it for four to six weeks - that was more than a year ago ...

Maybe I should try it again ... one day

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
04-27-2005, 07:45 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
Too bad, I got 5.0.0 ... not that I'm able to use it anyway besides making boxes ... or balls ... :rofl: ... and I slightly wonder when my friend wants it back. He let me borrow it for four to six weeks - that was more than a year ago ...

Maybe I should try it again ... one day

Greetings

Quentin

Judging by the exporters Bethesda released for Morrowind, any 5.x version would be supported I think. It has a very steep learning curve, or so I though when I started using it (and I haven't used it in eight months so I never got good at it), but I think it's meant that one starts out with a basic shape, like a box, then use various features to distort the original shape. So a long rectangle could be distorted and distorted until it became a staff. Don't take my word for it though Tongue
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
04-27-2005, 10:13 PM,

That is much the way it works. I used it for a little while, and learned very little. The tutorials didn't help all that much. Wink
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
04-27-2005, 11:53 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by NoRemorse
That is much the way it works. I used it for a little while, and learned very little. The tutorials didn't help all that much. Wink

He he. Mm, 3D modelling was a helluva lot more complicated, and counter-intuitive, then I had imagined it to be. I think it was the program's fault. Back when I was a kid, and I mean 12-13 years old, I created a 3D shark using an amiga program, and it was a breeze to do. I had a step-by-step guide of course, but still, that program was much easier to use.
Angel mired in filth