Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3d, 2d, Animation
03-09-2006, 01:35 AM,

or turtorials if u havent tried that allready :bananarock:
03-09-2006, 01:39 AM,

Yes, but they always act like I know what the hell they are talking about ;(

Anyways ive dragged this thread way off topic already.
03-09-2006, 01:52 AM,

i know what you mean about some tutorials. what program do you use for modeling???
03-09-2006, 01:55 AM,

3ds max, 5 i think
03-09-2006, 02:04 AM,

i use max 8 and im wondering one thing, I use 3d max 8 at school, and at home but my home copy isent well you know. lets just say theres no way i could cough up the 3000$ to buy max for my home computer, so should i not do work for mod on home computer and just at school???
03-09-2006, 03:38 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Spoc
I use max 8 and I'm wondering one thing, I use 3d max 8 at school, and at home but my home copy isent well you know. lets just say theres no way I could cough up the 3000$ to buy max for my home computer, so should I not do work for mod on home computer and just at school???

Welcome to Silgrad Tower, Spoc! I hope you have a great time here!
:wave:

We're always in need of talented modellers. Is there something in your existing portfolio you think would be applicable?

Apart from that I can think of a lot of new models we would need. Native Morrowind plants, Dunmer furniture and Dunmer lights are three large categories we would love to get model submissions for. It would also be a lot of fun if we were able to mod Dunmer strongholds in the new mod, so exteriors for those kind of installations would be awesome. Also we could sure use more intricate Velothi exteriors than the one we have at the moment. Veet's models are nice, but I think they're optimized with Morrowind in mind rather than Oblivion. But really, those are just ideas and if you would like to model something totally different that would fit in with a Morrowind Province setting that would be great too! :goodjob:

Oh, and if you PM me I'll show you a little trick that can help with your Max problem. Wink
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-09-2006, 04:50 AM,

Welcome Spoc, and your 4-9 other friends whom for some reason haven't rushed to the forum and created their own profiles... Wink I'm sure you will find our community one of the best there are.

As RW said, there is much that you can help us out with. Many things will not begin until Oblivion is released. From what I gather, the CS for OB will not be out when the game releases, but some time in the near future afterwards, will be available for download. Also, as I understand the Max exporter won't be available at launch either.

What kind of things can you show us from your portfolio? It would be great to see some new eye-candy while I'm waiting for my new computer parts to arrive. I can't do anything except reply to posts right now, and it's a little unsettling. Blush
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
03-09-2006, 07:24 AM,

Welcome and I for another am looking forward to working with you and your buddies.
The keeper of the one and only Evil Beagle.
03-09-2006, 07:35 AM,

The max exporter probably won't be released at launch, but the Construction Set will. Smile

As Todd Howard put it in the GameOn podcast transcribed on our front page:

Quote: [...] but the construction set is actually not on the PC game disk. It's much better for us to have it be a free download on our website, it's very tiny, it allows us to keep the construction set updated and fresh, cause a lot of people don't update, and [...]
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-09-2006, 10:06 AM,

Hey Tom! Great to see more modelers joining. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you - in school right now taking game content creation. Been through 3d modeling classes, just got through learning about UV mapping, and starting to really get into character modeling and rigging now. I'm going to be mainly focusing on creatures with my modeling because that's my main interest, but like Razorwing said we need all sorts of models. I'd be glad to keep in touch with you via PMs and any 3d-related threads regarding modeling techniques, the best rpgroams to use, and ways to get our models into Oblivion.

You said you're using max 8 right now? I'm sticking with 7 at the moment because I like it's UV mapping better than the changes in 8, but I think you and I and everyone else using later versions than 5 are going to have extra hassle in getting the models into Oblivion. From what I hear, if an exporter is made it will only work on Max 5, but we're all in the dark into Oblivion comes out. Hopefully it'll still be possibly to get models made in later versions of Max, or different programs like Blender, to still be used iin Oblivion.

Anyway see you around!
- Brett the Cryonaut
Head of creature-development for TES4: Vvardenfell
- & -
Owner / Maintainer of Morrowind-Mods.org
http://www.morrowind-mods.org