Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3ds Max files to obj.
06-09-2006, 05:36 PM,
3ds Max files to obj.
How do you convert 3ds Max files to obj? I need to get Prometheus' Nord Homes changed to obj so that I can convert them to Nifs.
06-09-2006, 05:39 PM,
RE: 3ds Max files to obj.
File -> Export -> Wavefront Object (*.OBJ), if you don't have Max, I can export it for you. If you do have it, you can use the Civilization IV Max Exporter, which is much more comfortable to use than using .obj + NifSkope.
Got zombies in my basement.

http://niftools.sourceforge.net.
06-09-2006, 06:03 PM,

I should take this opportunity to mention that I exported one of his Nord homes to nif format early on. Or rather, I tried and failed. I'm pretty sure that the failure was caused by the model using so many, many individual meshes. This was before I was confident that Oblivion could handle models that had been welded together, which it can. So whomever exports it from that max scene please be sure to attach all the meshes first (and doublecheck the mapping because for some reason I think a jpeg screenshot made it into the material editor by accident in the old scene that can be downloaded)
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]