Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 books for your perusal with skins
06-16-2006, 08:12 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Franc Kaos
Please find reuploaded package. I've just left the books in the CS this time, so as not to interfere with any ingame cells. Let me know if any probs. Cheers.

Is there anywhere on this board to let people see works in progress and get feedback? I've made a small mod (five mins play max) accessed thru a door in the Bruma mages guild with a tiny two room dungeon and an NPC with a little bit of chat. I just wanna know if
1) the flow is all right, and
2) just how 'dirty' the mod is

Unfortunately the voice is mine (with a modulated pitch), but I'm the best (only) actor I know.

EDIT: @Axen, yeah I think I might be a bit heavyhanded (and impatient) with the raising lowering tool

Perfect, thanks Franc! And thanks for removing the test copies from the main game world =)

It would depend on if it's intended as a WIP work for Silgrad Tower or if it's intended as a stand-alone mod. If it's a stand-alone mod you're welcome to start a thread on the General ES Modding board, which is pretty much the only place here where we encourage discussion about other mods (or mod projects not part of the Beyond Cyrodiil network).

But if it's the former then you could start a new thread on the board of the region you'd like to see it in. At least you're welcome to do it on the RP board, I don't know what the other region leaders think but I doubt they'd mind either.

Taking RP as a theoretical example you could for instance make your plugin dependant on the Reich_Parkeep.esm and then set up a teleporting door near the portal exit on the RP side, for quick access until you've finished modding it. Eventually we'd mod a proper exterior entrance somewhere on our landmass from where your location can be entered. The locations outside the cities are a bit sketchy at the moment but it'll all get sorted out once the landmass is there and then we'll hook up the pre-existing dungeons and similar as well as create claims maps for places out in the bush.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-17-2006, 02:44 PM,

Franc, I was reading through your updated Akavir book and at the beginning you mention a bit about the layout around the statue, with the Helseth Plaza and such. I would really like to mod the city layout to play into the book description Big Grin but could you draw a simple sketch of how you had envisioned the area around the statue as mentioned in your book?
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
06-18-2006, 12:07 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Franc, I was reading through your updated Akavir book and at the beginning you mention a bit about the layout around the statue, with the Helseth Plaza and such. I would really like to mod the city layout to play into the book description Big Grin but could you draw a simple sketch of how you had envisioned the area around the statue as mentioned in your book?

This made me laugh out loud. I really didn't envision it as such, just kind'a looked at the images and maps on here, then described it as loosely as I could - leaving it as open as possible so you wouldn't feel constricted. I did feel there should be some benches round the perimetre. Here's what I was thinking when looking at the map and picture...

Edit: I wasn't even sure the two points tie up, but <shrug>.
Do what thou Will shall be the whole of the law
06-18-2006, 04:02 PM,

Franc Kaos: It'll be in the Dunmer district, but I appreciate the thought. Smile
Angel mired in filth
06-19-2006, 05:09 AM,

That's basically outside the city walls, right? I just took my first walk round there last night, but I don't have (or can find) an overhead view. If you've got a top view I'll take a look - the houses are arranged in a large circle, yeah? By the way, I'm gonna upload a new fkbooks to you, better looking pages and The poetry book has had a couple of mistakes rectified.

One last thing, should probably discuss this on the relevant page, but anyway - Reich Parkeep, who actually lives in the imperial part (or the house I'm decorating)? I was gonna put my Dunmer adventurer Bethylin in there - minus the Breton; dead of old age, but if you want Dunmeri living outside, then should I put a different race in there?

Sorry, just took another look at the map, and I see the layout now. Ingame I kept thinking the Dunmeri houses were south of the walled city... (my sense of geography has always been a little off) So, if you're planning on having an outdoor market area (somewhere people congregate) then I think that would be a good place to have it as a backdrop, what do you think? As for the name Helseth plaza, that could be any open space really.

Edit: Going to the lake distric for the week, so may not be able to stay in touch...
Do what thou Will shall be the whole of the law