Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
56 answers to the most obvious questions
06-16-2005, 07:51 AM,

Thankfully we won't be forced to voice our dialogue in Oblivion, but for those modders who want to, they'll have a much easier time for this game as it's handled through program functions rather than scripting.

There was an interview where they mentioned how the developers recorded temporary tracks on the fly, straight into the game, after they had written a line of dialogue. The temporary tracks was replaced later by voice actors.

My impression is that the two systems will be there side-by-side, so you can choose if you just want written dialogue, spoken dialogue or both.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-17-2005, 07:39 AM,

That little list is very nice to have...so much I didn't know and it makes the wait that much harder. ;((

Sorry if this is a stupid question (I asked it at ES and got no answer so I suspect it is, lol) but will Beth use another web address for an Oblivion Forum because players have complained in the past about how slow the forums are I can imagine this would slow the forums considerably with all new Oblivion stuff...there, fire away! Big Grin

Confused: :u: :n: Confused: :i: (love your emoticons here at this forum :goodjob: )
06-17-2005, 08:17 AM,

@ sunsi: I doubt Bethesda will switch forum software again unless they really need to. Especially as they probably don't want the members to have access to a lot of storage- and bandwidth-consuming features Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-17-2005, 04:07 PM,

Weird, I wouldn't have said that the forums are slow... Maybe on occasion. But my assumption is they'll keep it where it's at. Smile
Where does the light come from? ...
The same place as the music
-----
Mods Downloads
06-17-2005, 08:15 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
I really hope weapons are useable in that way. Like levitating a spear with your mind and then send it flying across the room, pinning the baddie to the wall Smile Almost makes me want to play as a wizard.
Or you could just pick up the baddie and drop him off the nearest cliff........aw, did you land in a lava pool? :]
There are conditions of the nerve endings, the likes of which your imagination, no matter how fevered, could not possibly hope to evoke.
06-17-2005, 08:18 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
There was an interview where they mentioned how the developers recorded temporary tracks on the fly, straight into the game, after they had written a line of dialogue. The temporary tracks was replaced later by voice actors.
Hmmmmmmmmm...that would be extremely interesting if it is true.

That makes adding movie characters a lot easier. You can just make samples of that character's lines straight off the movie (leaving out the legal questions for a moment) and insert them into the mod.

It also means new and interesting possibilities for adult mods. :yes:
There are conditions of the nerve endings, the likes of which your imagination, no matter how fevered, could not possibly hope to evoke.
06-18-2005, 01:19 AM,

Thanks, Razorwing makes a lot of sense. :yes: Smile

kalikut:
Quote:Weird, I wouldn't have said that the forums are slow... Maybe on occasion. But my assumption is they'll keep it where it's at.
I was referring to the old forums and should have been more clear, sorry Kalikut. But I agree the present forums are just fine even for us dialup users. Smile

Cenobite:
Quote:It also means new and interesting possibilities for adult mods.

The wheels are turning already, huh Ceno, lol...great news for us players! :goodjob: Wink
06-20-2005, 08:54 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by sunsi
The wheels are turning already, huh Ceno, lol...great news for us players! :goodjob: Wink
Heh heh! Thanks Sunsi! I'm already writing quests for Labria 2, which I plan to set in the TES4 platform. MUAHAHAHA :evil:
06-27-2005, 10:15 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Cenobite
Heh heh! Thanks Sunsi! I'm already writing quests for Labria 2, which I plan to set in the TES4 platform. MUAHAHAHA :evil:

Wow, Ceno...amazing! I'm talking to Zahratrustra right now on messenger about the voice problem mentioned and how making faces will be a challenge (maybe).

I have the most respect for modders willing to take on and learn this new game and I'm excited to see what your project will be. :trophy:
06-30-2005, 04:23 PM,

Wow, Ceno...amazing! I'm talking to Zahratrustra right now on messenger about the voice problem mentioned and how making faces will be a challenge (maybe).
:eek:

Zahr is still around?!?!?!?!?????????

Please ask for me "why no more posting on teh forumz"!

Quote:I have the most respect for modders willing to take on and learn this new game and I'm excited to see what your project will be. :trophy:
Thank you! (Gosh, now I feel like a big-name movie director. Cool )

Although this is a discussion that we should probably move to the general modding board.