Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6th House Bells
08-04-2006, 01:03 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by bobbyhood
Quote:Originally posted by noremorse
They are nice. Did you make them as the sounds of bumping against them, because they don't sound like they were struck with anything.

I assumed the striking sound effect would be triggered by the weapon when it hits the bell so I didn't add that.

As for length, I am trying to go for big realistic ambience. When you strike a big bell the overtones resonate for a long time. But I can see the need for shorter ones in-game. I'll try some different mixes as well as "bumping" sounds. But right now I've got to get to work :|
Hmm... I have an idea. Maybe you could make a few looping ambient sound effects that are resonating overtones? Not really to have bells in the background, but more to create an errie or mysterious atmosphere.
08-04-2006, 01:03 AM,

It is possible via scripting to have it OnHitMe (or something similar, when struck with a weapon).
08-04-2006, 01:24 AM,

In a few morrowind mods I have downloaded, there used to be a gong instrument that would make a sound if you hit it, and it would only work if you hit it with a certain mallet weapon. A similar effect could probably be pulled off, with the unique weapon being the bell hammer.
Lol what?
08-04-2006, 01:26 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
In a few Morrowind mods I have downloaded, there used to be a gong instrument that would make a sound if you hit it, and it would only work if you hit it with a certain mallet weapon. A similar effect could probably be pulled off, with the unique weapon being the bell hammer.

From my knowledge of scripting, that would be VERY easy to do.
08-04-2006, 01:33 AM,

Wouldn't it be strange that it only made a sound if hit with a special weapon, though? Could it be adapted to encompass all the usual weapons too?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-04-2006, 01:38 AM,

yes, but gamewise it would take away the sixth house bell hammer's reason worth keeping. If you could make music with any weapon, there would be no reason for having it besides as a weak weapon. many weapons are stronger than it. It is also unrealistic to have short bell tones, so we can afford to do things unrealisticly.
Lol what?
08-04-2006, 06:39 AM,

All those a very good, I think #3 is my favorite. My plan was to give the bells the triggerZone collision so OnTrigger can be used to get the bells being struck (OnHit wont work). Perhaps when the bell is hit with the Bell Hammer the short sound plays, blade and blunt weapons the long sound and walking into the bell/everything else plays the long quiet sound.
08-04-2006, 04:43 PM,

hmm, nevertheless, this is going to need a good scripter, so, I'm out. Aomeone should write us a good script. Do we even have a model for a bell? We only need one, to be resized in the CS. Bethesda did something like that, there was only 1 real mesh but was resized, but it came pre resized for your convienience.
Lol what?
08-04-2006, 07:36 PM,

Sounds very good!!
Only it sounds like it?s absolutely huge, the bell that is. If the bells are the same sizes they were in Morrowind, I believe the sound will be too large and airy...
Anyway, it sounds very nice for a very big bell me thinks Smile
Skyrim for Oblivion Music
(last update: December 11 -06) (Nothing is final)...
All comments, suggestions and criticism is welcome!!
08-05-2006, 02:37 AM,

I've got a model for the bell, working on technical nif stuff. I'll make the six different sizes separate nifs like in Morrowind.

I'm happy to write the script for it unless someone volunteers.