Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Couple of things I noticed
12-23-2007, 04:17 AM,
A Couple of things I noticed
First let me say everything you have done with this mod is very impressive . Second I noticed a couple of glitches. Is the Soluthis Temple complete? Because when I went inside there were big yellow explanation points on the walls indicating a missing object. I believe I installed the game correctly so why is that there? In front of Soluthis is a guy in orchish armor and he gives you a quest but he has no arms or legs well not his lower arms and legs(looks kinda like Rayman Heh :lolSmileI have also noticed the lag issue with the city as well but I have already read you are working on it which is a good thing. One other thing...I know its a touchy issue but to me using the privatized better looking mod trying to recruit modders is bad what if somone cannot mod and they want to have the privatized textures and models? I know you are worried about people stealing but honestly how are they going to prove they are legit? Idk thats just my take on it which is a little biased because I cannot mod myself and I know you can teach me but still I am not sure If I am comforatable with modding my game even if the chances of something going wrong are slim...
Im a noob to Oblivion mods but this project sounds like a one I would like to see
12-23-2007, 09:18 AM,

The private models will be public, once the mod is done. There also will be no more public releases, so we dicided over a month ago. The mod is not yet playable, large parts are unfinished, like the temple. We will release the mod when it finishod, or at least no more empty spaces.
12-23-2007, 11:50 PM,

Hi Bigboss, welcome to Silgrad Tower!
:wave:

I don't have much to add to what kingevil said. But it's a good idea to download the final public update since it fixes a lot of problems in 2.5, including the missing body parts you came across and most likely the yellow exclamation marks in Soluthis' Temple as well. Just extract the files over your earlier install and the changes kick in next time you try the beta Smile

The overhaul of Soluthis is going well by the way. There's three child worldspaces already created, another one in the works, and more planned. The FPS inside the child worldspaces is very fluid, often nearing that of Oblivion's cities even on old computers, and at the same it allows me to add much more detail to the city than I could before. Currently I'm working on moving Reich Parkeep into its own worldspace, something I think will do wonders for that area since its the part of the city that suffered worst from FPS problems in 2.5.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
12-24-2007, 05:26 AM,

Its great to hear that you are solving these problems also one other question how far is this mod from well since you dont use the term completed "fully playable"? As in all of the lands generated some dungeons, villages, and more quests and dialogue I think I do a decent Dark Elf voice from Morrowind but I will have to double check...not gonna lie may not be perfect so I am gonna check before I speak more on that...Okay I was basically supposed to do what I did when I installed and moves the diffent folders into the Oblivion data folder and replace when it asked me too right?
Im a noob to Oblivion mods but this project sounds like a one I would like to see
12-24-2007, 08:21 AM,

All of the major cities have their exterior pretty much done. 2 big areas have generating done, although one , again, has probelmes and, again, needs regeneration.The interiors are not yet all done, but please remember that our cities are enormous compared to oblivion sities.
12-25-2007, 09:42 AM,
RE: A Couple of things I noticed
Thanks for the feedback. Smile

Quote:Originally posted by Bigboss
First let me say everything you have done with this mod is very impressive . Second I noticed a couple of glitches. Is the Soluthis Temple complete? Because when I went inside there were big yellow explanation points on the walls indicating a missing object. I believe I installed the game correctly so why is that there? In front of Soluthis is a guy in orchish armor and he gives you a quest but he has no arms or legs well not his lower arms and legs(looks kinda like Rayman Heh :lolSmile
I have the public version installed as well and there are no problems with the Temple. The NPC is ok too (no missing limbs).

As pointed out by Razorwing, make sure that you install the files correctly.

...all of the lands generated...
The current status: Around 20% of the land has been fully generated (not merged to the modding esm). That's around 7 HM quads or approx. 7370 exterior cells.

There's still a lot to do as in adding quests, generating the land etc.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
12-29-2007, 11:11 PM,

I think I do a decent Dark Elf voice from Morrowind but I will have to double check
That's great. The dark elves have an unusual voice that I don't know many people who can do it. If you don't want to go through the hassle of integrating it, making the lip sync, etc. I could do it for you, np.:goodjob: