Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Knight Faction?
03-19-2007, 10:11 PM,
A Knight Faction?
I'm just wondering if there will be any knight factions in this mod,

If there is i wold gladly make all of the quests and anything eles as this is my domain :yes:,

I have a Massive OB mod just about Crusading,fighting,Knights in general set to realease later this year so i have exsperiance in this.

If there is not one already planned i would take make one up for you,if you wish.

===local===
03-19-2007, 10:15 PM,

We already have our factions man this is an older mod.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
03-20-2007, 12:22 AM,

yes it HAD been discussed long ago... but here is why we DON'T have one...
- any foreign knight faction will not be well recieved by the Dunmer
- the Dunmer have a knightly order - Buoyant Armigers, they are the Dunmer version of chivalry
- our focus is the rich culture of Vvardenfell, not imports from Cyrodiil, yes we have Mages Guild, etc., but we want the player to be immersed in Dunmer culture, if they want western knights then go Cyrodiil or better, High Rock
in a land like Morrowind, where assassination, sabotage, ambush, and raiding is the mode of warring, if you are a heavy foreign knight, you don't live long (especially if you have a horse, its a delicacy in Morrowind Wink)

I hope that answers all your questions on that...
03-20-2007, 12:28 AM,

I almost wanted to say, don't foget that horses go insane on Vvardenvell, then I remembered that the Ashstroms are over Tongue That raises a new question, cavalry in Vv? Since the horses don't go crazy any more, and that was the Impires favorite unit in the military.
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
03-20-2007, 12:32 AM,

Umm... The Dunmer eat horses.
The rider in black is always watching......
03-20-2007, 12:34 AM,

Thats cool, just thought it would be cool for people when they completed everything eles no problem Smile,

===local===
03-20-2007, 12:36 AM,

But I bet even they watch out for the horse of a legionaire Wink
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
03-20-2007, 12:45 AM,

thatnks for your understanding Local :yes:

Mormacil & Hector:
alright, horses get poisoned by the ashland plants, ashstorms hurt 'em bad cause they aren't used to it and not adapted to it, Dunmer love to eat them... plus Vvardenfell and Morrowind in general has is own diseases, its just a very different land
Horse-meat is probably the most expensive food in Morrowind, if there is a lone Legionnaire mounted patrol somewhere alone, a few Dunmer might not think twice about killing him and selling the horse or bringing the meat back to their clan... and then selling soem fo the meat... I mean they kill an n'wah, eat a horse, and make big money.... its the Morrowind-dream ( their version of the American dream :lol: ) just kiddin
03-20-2007, 12:59 AM,

Could you warp your Knightly Skills into a Dummer Skills I think Kukulza would agree with me on you being our buyoant arimger faction leader?
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
03-20-2007, 01:13 AM,

good suggestion EbonyKnight!

in the MainQuest, at one point if you support Vivec then he'll recommend you join the Ordinators or the Armigers :yes:
possibly, the Buoyant Armiger faction is partially tied with the main-quest, however, that's okay since the part that they play in the MQ is my domain whil ethe majority of the questing is aside from that (though you join it through MQ)

of course I'd have to see some of your ideas for the Armigers before lettin; ya be their quest-line manager :goodjob: