Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Series of Botanical Events
09-28-2006, 01:33 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Heywood
Snip

thats possible.. Big Grin

Quote:Originally posted by raggidmanphew, why are my posts always sooo looong?
last time I asked you didnt answer.. Tongue
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
09-28-2006, 01:46 PM,

Piles of gold for this relativly simple quest? ?( I'd rather take some unique potion or something else than your regular gold, since you get REALLY rich in the game anyway.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
09-28-2006, 04:33 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
Piles of gold for this relativly simple quest? ?( I'd rather take some unique potion or something else than your regular gold, since you get REALLY rich in the game anyway.
...that AND what Heywood suggested. I believe there is a mod out there that lets you grow things, create your own garden and all that, those scripts would be perfect for this. :yes:
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.
09-28-2006, 05:29 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Psychotic
Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
...that AND what Heywood suggested. I believe there is a mod out there that lets you grow things, create your own garden and all that, those scripts would be perfect for this. :yes:

there is several.. Big Grin
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
09-28-2006, 08:59 PM,

Raggidman, you must be psychic. the original plan was for the wife to be khajiit.
She and Salvador could be writing the book on Khajiit botanical study, and the player help him compile a list of all the flora of Elsweyr. All those books would be great in their house. I am really looking forward to building the house, NPC's and clutter. Just waiting on Shewter's tileset, which is looking great by the way. Hopefully it's done before the next alpha release. I am planning to build a cavern below the house, where the mer grows his flax plants, studying the flower colour variation and ratios. Possible Gregor Mendel Easter Egg...?
I really love Heywoods garden suggestion. Perhaps another book on raising certain heat-sensitive flora in Elsweyr?
So as a reward for the quest, you get the Botanist's pants, which fortify intelligence and alchemy, as well as some seeds to grow your own garden with.
Might try to retex some upper pants to look a bit dirty, as they are botanist's and are generally out in the field a bit.
For ALL my concept art in one place look here:
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249/JaKhajay/

What is the Lycanthrope, in the Eye of God? A cursed Beast? Or a Miracle?
09-28-2006, 11:36 PM,

Here is "A gardener's Dream" from the TES3 mod. Bob with lotsa numbers sez s'ok and could fit. When you are ready I will pm you a sequence of interactions between the gardener, the biographer and your Botanist that we believe will fit your scenario, and link in TES3 ST-Morrowind and Tes4 ST

Hope you like it... as Bob ###### has been modelling the gardens (now swampy) and I suspect that there will indeed be some fascinating mushrooms deep in his caverns...

:check: A Gardeners Dream

The first few pages tell of a childhood living on the Grazelands and how a pack of seeds saved the family. This is seminal, for all Taridins share a love for anything that grows.

Given to young master Aron by a traveller, he planted the seeds in a corner of the family's patch of land, while his parents lectured that the seeds would never germinate. But still he watered them everyday for the remainder of the year. And on the first day of Sun's Dusk, young Aron awoke to discover a dense growth of healthy Cornberry and Hackle-lo shoots, which provided the basis for the young master to set up on his own.

~~~

From here follows the account of how Aron after selling the Cornberry and Hackle-lo, which he havested for many years, moved to a far-off land known as Silgrad Tower in search of a new life. He faills time and again at all the jobs he attempts until he turns to what he loves - gardening.

Employing miners from Gnisis, he orders the construction of a Garden deep under his home. And while excavating the cavern the miners hit a diamond seam. Several years later the successful mining operation is still going on. But when the seam appears to peter out, rather than digging further, Aron orders a stop to the work.

He realises that the diamonds had driven his desire to create his Gardens out of his mind. So he opens the roofs of many of the caverns that they had dug and plants each excavation with exotic species from Vvardenfell, and after the completion of the final 'cavern' he stands back to enjoy his creation.

~~~

The gardens quickly become a sensation, people travel from all around to marvel at this great feat in gardening. At some point he ceases to actively tend them, and the Gardens become overgrown. The plants grow wild until they finally block the pumps that he had installed to keep the mines dry, their break down allowing the caverns to flood. This caused the once immaculate Gardens to turn into series of eerie swamps. And still fascinated, the people keep coming.

Now living in his flat above the Gardens with his wife, they both share the riches that one bag of seeds brought. :check:
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
10-05-2006, 08:29 PM,

righto, have imported A Gardeners Dream into an esp. Have also created the Botanist, and his Khajiit wife Wink. A couple of new factions, one for the marriage, and another The Botanical Society of Tamriel, which the player may or may not join, thats up to you guys.

10-05-2006, 09:52 PM,

:eek: CORRRRRR nevvvver thot of a joinable Botanical Society... :O scary people them bottleists :yes:

great to see you back btw...

bob ####### (lotsa-numbers) will be interested in this :goodjob:

Think the next step is to get an interaction going between bob#### and our esteemed Mayor of Silgrad, or nearby areas to pin down the location of the Garden/House in both mods, and find what happens in bob####'s quest, etc so as to set the scene...
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

10-09-2006, 08:13 PM,

Heres a pic that popped into my head of the botanist and his wife. Hehe, i thought it was cute, and decided to share it. Anyway I'll be able to start scripting quests once were have plants and their ingredients modelled.

10-09-2006, 11:37 PM,

oooooo... snooky! Blush

hrrrhrmm, have seen the University of Silgrad thread in Common Room? - Bob wiv lotsa numbers gonna do it for TES3 - Wink
Steven Erikson.