Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Sticky Situation
03-29-2008, 02:12 PM,
A Sticky Situation
As you already know, Seniosh has decided to impose a faction restriction on the Dark Brotherhood for those who are interested in joining the Morag Tong. Basically, he's set it up so that, if you want to join the MT when you are already a member of the DB, it's like when you briefly join the Blackwood Company and try to talk to a Fighter's Guild member - the MT will treat you as a pariah.

Meaning, it's going to be hard to accept for people who have already completed the DB questline in the original game, including me. The good side of completing the DB questline is that you can choose one of three members to follow you around Cyrodiil (I prefer the Breton mage). And by the time the next public release of the mod comes out, you're going to have to turn your back on the DB before going to Silgrad and joining their most hated enemy.

Basically, you're going to need to break one of the Five Tenets before going to Silgrad. Well, what would the Listener of the Dark Brotherhood have to do? Perform a sneak attack on a follower and run like a bat outta' hell to Silgrad? Seniosh has got to find some way to make sure you can't confront the Wrath of Sithis while you're in Silgrad.

And what's going to happen after completing the Morag Tong questline? Is there going to be any rewards? Only Seniosh has to figure that out! And what's going to happen if you complete the MT questline and then decide you'll want to get back into the DB?

This, my friend, is a sticky situation!
03-29-2008, 02:54 PM,

Well, i was intending to add some scripts running as part of the Morag Tong that disable things like the Wrath of Sithis quest, and the DB initiation. Imagine if you killed someone while working for the Morag Tong, and then Lucien Lachance shows up in the middle of morrowind looking for you. Ridiculous isn't it?

While on the topic of ways to "unjoin" the Dark Brotherhood, i *might* think about adding an additional option to quit the Dark Brotherhood when you join the Morag Tong. My only reserve about that is that i'd really like to have a quest to do it, involving Mephala, so that you prove your loyalty.

There have also been other people who didn't particularly like the faction restriction, so I'll definitely consider adding an "unjoin the Dark Brotherhood" option. (maybe i can have an alternate initiation quest for DB members where you have to kill a DB member in Soluthis, and then you'd exit the DB, and join the MT). Also, looking through the official lore, and more specifically, old quests from TES3, i found that there is actually a quest where you convince a DB member to join the MT. Hadn't remembered that until now, and i think that pretty much solidifies it. Still no dual-membership, but'll be able to unjoin the DB through dialogue.

And there will be many rewards once you are Guildmaster of the Silgrad Area. I haven't thought about them too too much, but the nice thing about releasing many versions is that i've got time, and can always release a bit now, a bit later. If you've got any ideas for Guildmaster perks and privileges, as well as responsibilities and rewards, tell them here.

To answer your question about re-joining the Dark Brotherhood, i honestly have no idea. I can't actually modify the DB scripts and such in the Silgrad ESM, so maybe i'll just have it auto-boot you from the Morag Tong?
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!