Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Suggested List of Beta Locations
10-07-2008, 10:39 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Back2Murder
Agreed, but where to get them? Annyway, I believe there is a ghost effect in the shivering isles wich is a more green color.
If not, I doubt it would be tricky to recolour the ghost shader. I think there is a shader editor in the CS, so you'd just need to copy the settings from the ghost one and change the colour.
10-07-2008, 11:14 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Back2Murder
Agreed, but where to get them?

I decided that there was a need to create this thread: New Race Selection .
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
10-07-2008, 01:18 PM,

Here's another idea: one (or several) village of Gecko Argonians:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5638

Ibsen's Ghost found this modder's resource, and it would be a shame not to implement it somewhere. These tiny argonians would have smaller versions of the reed huts, and would be quite hard to find in the dense undergrowth. Mini argonians were mentioned by one of the Bethesda developers in unofficial lore, so we do have some precedent for this.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
10-07-2008, 02:59 PM,

Gecko Argo's?I never heard anything about this race.Is this in the lore?

But i like it Big Grin
10-07-2008, 04:00 PM,

I dont think so really, I suggest we stick to the lore involving new races and such. Maybe you can add one as an easter egg. But not for any serious stuff.
Member of -
TES IV: Black Marsh (Core Member)
10-07-2008, 05:25 PM,

I was only suggesting it as a "variation" of regular Argonians, perhaps to make a unique tribe, and not as a new race in itself. We do know from lore that Argonians vary enormously in shape and size. This could just be one extreme example of this variation.

10-08-2008, 07:27 AM,

I personally think this is a bit TO much. But that might be just me.
Member of -
TES IV: Black Marsh (Core Member)
10-08-2008, 07:56 AM,

Perhaps a simple awareness of it as an option for use in a mission is the best policy. Rather than 'writing them in', the storyline for one set of missions may just necessitate it, particularly where the whole subject of evolution and the natural powers of the Hist come into things. In which case, you might experience a small 'infestation' of these little guys hidden somewhere in some underground location...a theme in keeping with the idea of the Black Marsh as unexplored country. If you just stick them in there simply because they're available then I have to agree to B2M.

But these are the reasons why I created that thread, both as a forum for selecting races and as a future resource for creatures, tribes and NPCs that could prove useful later.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
10-08-2008, 05:48 PM,

Now that I've thought about it, you guys are right. Smile

But we could use them instead of goblins in some areas, as Ibsen suggests.

10-09-2008, 01:59 PM,

Just found a new resource, full of exotic fruit we could put in the markets of Black Marsh. I have already asked for permission, just waiting for the author to get back to me.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11459