Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Taster of the Everglades
07-07-2009, 07:08 PM,

Hey Ibsen,

I sent you a PM with a link to resized water top huts that I did last night. I was able to work a few hours last night, despite all the problems going on here.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
07-07-2009, 07:13 PM,

Hey cool!

Thanks KP! :goodjob:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
07-07-2009, 07:19 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Hey cool!

Thanks KP! :goodjob:

You're welcome!

I've been meaning to ask: You know that second screenshot in your opening post for this thread that shows the landscape, with an overlaid grid in yellow color? How does one enable that grid for when they're in CS in the render window?

I'd like to know the answer for future reference.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
07-07-2009, 07:24 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
I think you fixed the Reed huts a while back but certainly the chieftain swamp huts and swamplands huts as you see here. I always loved the huts themselves but hated that mud texture that you put underneath it which sort of ruins it for me. Anyway, other models may need to be altered as well as I'm not sure which models share these textures. The boathome is a bit too bright as well but it looked fine in Pholmolo.

Should I try retexturing by using our existing textures or do you want to create completely different textures?

brightness has been fixed across the board with a combination vertex shading and re-normal mapping Smile

The chieftain hut looks much nicer now as well, but, a good retexture wouldn't go amiss if you're up to it.

with the swamplands huts, would they be more acceptable if we had a similar mud lanscape texture to blend them in with?
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
07-07-2009, 07:41 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Koniption
I've been meaning to ask: You know that second screenshot in your opening post for this thread that shows the landscape, with an overlaid grid in yellow color? How does one enable that grid for when they're in CS in the render window?

Oh, I should add that to the landscaping info. Good that you asked! As you've probably guessed, it's the grid markings for the cells. I now hit keys 'a' and 'b' instinctively as soon as I load up my esp (in fact, I had to load up the CS just now so I could remember as I do it without thinking). Anyway, 'a' puts the lights on (so to speak) and 'b' toggles the grid.

@ LR - Thanks a lot, buddy! That saves me a job. Yes, you could use a similar texture....or better still, select an existing Everglades texture if that works....my issue with it though was that the original texture was just too glossy. In fact, if you are able to change the 'fresh' model's texture to an EG-friendly ground texture and the 'normal' model to a BW-friendly ground texture (like 'TerrainBWMossGrass') then it would make things a little easier to get going on both the likes of Hixinoag and the Everglades settlements.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
07-07-2009, 11:20 PM,

i have posted the d/l link in the archive thread.

Currently, bmhuts interiors remain to be fixed... and thats it, unless there's some normal maps that i missed Smile
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
07-07-2009, 11:22 PM,

I'll check 'em out and hopefully I'll notice if there's anything missing....
07-19-2009, 08:08 PM,

I couldn't help but take a few snaps of the Everglades recently. This part is actually the un-landscaped part of the region..... =)
07-19-2009, 11:38 PM,

Looks great! Awesome lighting, coming back up off the water and stuff. This mod is gona' pwn. Big Grin
07-23-2009, 06:21 PM,

HELLO 2 ALL! I'm back!!!

The screenshots look great!! Aspecially the Sunglare mod ^^