Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Turn of Events
08-18-2007, 09:51 PM,
A Turn of Events
There's been many discussions of wanting Bethesda to make an Elder Scrolls MMO around here and on the official forums. Every time these discussions were always ended with a "They're not going to make an MMO, it would ruin the uniqueness of Elder Scrolls." That's how they always end up. It seemed like it would never happen.

Well, two days ago, I was browsing around on TESSource. So I was looking at the news section, and I saw something. It said "Bethesda opens an MMO Studio" So I thought it was a rumor. Until today. I was looking around their blog, and I found this article. Yes, Bethesda/Zenimax has opened up a new MMO Studio. I do not know their plans, they didn't say anything specific, besides that they will be releasing an inline game. I don't know if this will be an Elder Scrolls game, or just giving Fallout some online competitions between players.

But there it is, the MMO Studio that was said never would be.
Lol what?
08-18-2007, 10:52 PM,

No they said there will never be an TESMMO, but not no online game. Also know that Bethesda has more then one team.
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
08-18-2007, 11:10 PM,

Zenimax Online is under ZeniMax Media Inc. , not Bethesda Softworks. Which means different teams.. And I doubt they'll touch Bethesda's baby ES.
And they seam to be hiring a new team..
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
08-19-2007, 04:39 AM,

Yeah, it's Zenimax online, not Bethsoft online.

Where did they say they'd never make a TESMMO?

If Zenimax online releases an MMO, it had better be 1294654238x better than the piece of crap World of Warcraft.
Lol what?
08-19-2007, 07:16 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
If Zenimax online releases an MMO, it had better be 1294654238x better than the piece of crap World of Warcraft.

I guess WoW sort of lost its appeal then. Wink Glad you're back on the Light side. Tongue

I don't think Bethesda would release an MMORPG, but you never know. Confusedhrug: Would be sort of cool if they did... Unlikely by the looks of things.
08-19-2007, 03:57 PM,

I'd personally love it if they'd release an MMO for Elder Scrolls. I wouldn't even care about every other noob going "lol there be dadra ovr there an u get pwn by them" It would finally give me something cool to play with my friends.
Lol what?
08-19-2007, 07:36 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
Where did they say they'd never make a TESMMO?
Its only been said they have no plans for one.. (which means nothing)
And several devs have said they wouldn't like it or something like that..

and Zenimax Online is for MMO's.. I can see multiplayer being a possiblity for ES(handled much the way NWN&NWN2 handles Multiplayer).. but not a MMO.. I'd either take suicide or stop playing.. Big Grin

WoW is for people who like doing things over&over again... Well.. last time I played it..
08-19-2007, 07:40 PM,

Well, if that's the case, then let me just quote Beth again "We have no plans to release an expansion."

So, it's entirely possible. Only time will tell I guess.
Lol what?
08-19-2007, 08:05 PM,

I who thought that was "We have no plans to release an expansion at this time." which means wait.
08-19-2007, 08:14 PM,

If Beth thinks there is a big possibility for profit in an ES MMOG they'll do it, it's as simple as that. The technology for an MMOG with OB graphics and gameplay is already here, just look at Age of Conan.
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.