Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A brief history of the Fishy Stick
08-25-2006, 05:12 PM,
From all the formats of fish, the Fishy Stick is the greatest one. And from all the video games in universe TES is the only series that has paid proper tribute to this prized form of perfection. :worship:

It is a great shame if you have not been familiarized with the history of this great square-shaped and fishy pillar of our community. Therefore I decided to bring the light to the unenlightened ones, and show them the truth. And know for all of those ignorant in the ways of the Fishy Stick I present this links to enlightenment:

TIL Fishy History

And know behold the holy form of the Fishy Stick, presented by the messiah of fishiness himself, The Capn'.

[Image: bhxiiakffj.jpg]

Here is a precise version of the Fishy Stick phenomena depicted by Freddo

Quote:It started when Captain Eldrad joined the forums in January of 2001. He started his Fishy Stick extravaganza and his signature was "--Eldrad , Captain of the Stormrider, Soursha's Hero , Lord of Fishy Sticks , Pirate Bastard" And Sousha (another member) had "Guildmistress, Thieves Guild Catburgular, Crewbabe on the Stormrider". At first the Fishysticks were given to those who deserved it, personally by Captain Eldrad. Later also Soursha gave them away. And then it became a newcomer greeting by other forum users. EVERY new forum member got a "Have a fishy stick!" greeting. This was during May - August of 2001 when the community was still very small (less than 2000 registered names). And then the picture popped up, which nowdays can be seen as Captain Eldrads avatar. And then several new pictures came. The Devs, especially smudge I think, was amused by it, and they put it in a book in the game named "Capn's Guide to the Fishy Stick" (YAY FOR THE DEVS! ) which can be found using this map, I made (404, non existent).

But be warned! They are NOT made by fishes, and should NOT be eaten, unless you want to be ill for the rest of your life

And know to perfect your knowledge gaze upon this site to familiarize your self with the many forms of the Fishy Stick.

NOW YOU KNOW! :dance:
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.
08-25-2006, 05:50 PM,
RE: A brief history of the Fishy Stick
:worship: [Image: Fishystick.jpg] :worship:
08-25-2006, 06:34 PM,
RE: A brief history of the Fishy Stick
Yes, bow to The Capn'! Big Grin
08-25-2006, 06:56 PM,

I wasn't greeted with one till much later when i was a good and recognized part of the Lore forums on ESForums... then they were like "oh yeah KKA you never got a fishy stick did ya? okie dokie, here ya go!" Big Grin
08-25-2006, 07:12 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
I wasn't greeted with one till much later when I was a good and recognized part of the Lore forums on ESForums... then they were like "oh yeah KKA you never got a fishy stick did ya? okie dokie, here ya go!" Big Grin
[Image: Fishy_nothing.jpg]

Hehehe... Big Grin

No but seriously, here you go.
[Image: Wicketget.jpg]

You can have an Ewok instead.
08-25-2006, 10:08 PM,

My origonal acount I was never actaly given one, once I created my curent ob acount I was greated warmly with one.
Kraken, its whats for diner.
Those are good words, I like to wave at them as they pass by.
08-25-2006, 10:12 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by ghostruler
My origonal acount I was never actaly given one, once I created my curent ob acount I was greated warmly with one.
For me it was the other way around. I got one the first time, but no the second time I joined with a different user name.
08-25-2006, 11:52 PM,

Where do you introduce yourself on the Official Forums? I spend all my time on the mod boards, so I didn't realize the Fishy Stick tradition was still strong there.

Also I think its really cool that the tradition is starting to pick up on our forums.
08-26-2006, 12:06 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Siegfried
I spend all my time on the mod boards,
As do I, but some people still notice when a noob enters the area and get the Fishy Sticks ready. =)
08-26-2006, 12:31 AM,

I give them :bounce: when they enter Vvardenfell.... been doing that since... Vvardenfell started