Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A cool introduction I thought of in my sleep.
04-04-2006, 04:34 AM,
A cool introduction I thought of in my sleep.
I just had to wake up in the middle of the night to post this before I'd forget. This is a very rough draft that I was writing in a very short amount of time so that I could get at least the gist of it before I forget. Has a cinematic (might be possible with a bunch of scripts, FRAPS, and video editing software) and a beginning part. Some of you might not agree with things I have in here, but it can be changed, of course. And it DOES need a lot of work, as I said earlier; this is pretty much just the gist of what I was thinking.

"Vvardenfell Introduction

Show the title image of the mod: "The Elder Scrolls IV: Vvardenfell". Fade out.
Show a (paper) map of Morrowind, slowly hovering to Red Mountain. Azura narrarates:
"It has been six years since the Nerevarine destroyed Dagoth Ur."
At this point, map is over Red Mountain. Show a scene of the heart and Dagoth Ur disappearing, in a oval-shaped image, edges fading to the map in the background.
"But the celebration was short-lived. These are troubling times for the Dunmer, the people who I, Boethiah, and Mephala have shaped and loved."
Map hovers to Ald'Ruhn. Show a scene of the destruction there. (2375893729853 people are probably gonna disagree with this. Maybe the rumors got mixed up and it was some other Redoran town?)
As ruined Ald'Ruhn is shown, "Everything they have built is crumbling, little by little."
Change to a scene of Telvanni mages fighting Oblivion.
"War beseiges the Great Houses,"
Show a scene of Great Houses battling.
"and tears the people apart. Chaos has dominated the land."
Show a scene of a ship out in the ocean, heading for the Akaviri isles.
"What hope is there for them without the Nerevarine? He has disappeared, my loyal servant. He must be found." (But only if we decide to include the Nerevarine... "find him"... eerily similar to a part of the Oblivion main quest (but it should've been much more of a challenge and puzzle to find the heir :/))
Show a scene of Vivec, captured by the Daedra. (If we decide to include Vivec.)
"Vivec, too, has gone missing. He is an oath-breaker, a liar; but he still has a part in the fate of Morrowind to play."
<MORE DIALOGUE NEEDED HERE (damn it, I'm already forgetting things)>
Show a scene of a Dunmer general yelling, "AI RESDAYNIA!", with his legion of troops following. (I just felt like putting that phrase in because... uh... I... felt like it?)

Map fades to real land as it zooms in to a place on the Inner Sea, to a ship that the player is on. The ship is heading for Ebonheart.
"How much longer of seafaring until we arrive?", the player asks.
The captain responds, "Not too much longer now. Just keep your patience."
After a little bit, Ebonheart comes into view. As you get very close to the city (to where you can swim to it in a reasonable amount of time), you can see that the city is under attack: smoke rises far above it. (If you have not yet completed the Oblivion main quest, it is under seige by Daedra. If you have, then it's House Dagoth attacking.)
The captain is in disbelief. "What in Vivec's name...?--"
Some of the attackers teleport on board the ship and kill the captain and set fire to the ship with magic. The player jumps off the ship and must swim toward Ebonheart.
(If you want to have the option to have char gen on Vvardenfell, then the attacking force must be scaled and the player cannot die, only get knocked unconcious.)
As the player reaches the city, the surviving defenders ask the player for his aid. The player helps fight the invaders. (If you're fighting the Daedra, all of the gates close except for one at some point. When this happens and the last of the Daedra are dead, you and the defending force enter the gate and close it. Or, if your character wishes to join the House of Troubles, you could help the Daedra by talking to a Dremora (but the problem with the House of Troubles being joinable is a huge conflict with Oblivion's main quest...)) (If House Dagoth is the attacking force, and you want to join them, you could choose to help House Dagoth by speaking to some member of it at the battle site.)"
04-04-2006, 09:04 AM,

Sounds pwetty good!!!!!

:bananarock:

I think the 'knocked unconcious and wake up on the shore' is the way to go.

IDEA: why not wake up in a cave near Ebonheart, where the remnants of the defeated army are preparing for a guerilla war?
Professor, Pervert, Sinner, Saint
04-05-2006, 09:14 AM,

not bad, the actual dialogue could use some work, but the overall concepts are good.
04-05-2006, 07:38 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by falco1029
the actual dialogue could use some work
Because I was writing this really fast while I still had the whole thing in my head; didn't really have time to make the dialogue flawless.
04-05-2006, 09:27 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Arklon
Quote:Originally posted by falco1029
the actual dialogue could use some work
Because I was writing this really fast while I still had the whole thing in my head; didn't really have time to make the dialogue flawless.
well this that my fault? I think not Wink
04-05-2006, 09:58 PM,

sounds good, although not all will be used I am sure som will be adapted...
can't say much more right now, gotta go
04-08-2006, 08:17 PM,

D'oh, it's "Hai Resdaynia", not "Ai Resdaynia"... I think I'm getting rusty on Morrowind lore! D:
04-08-2006, 08:28 PM,

Reminds me of the World of War craft introduction to tell the truth Cool But not bad, Not bad at all!
The DeVi
04-08-2006, 09:27 PM,

I've never played WoW and never care to. I've seen my cousin play it, but I didn't see the intro.
04-09-2006, 02:32 AM,

Hey, nice story intro, hery if my accaptance into this project if final, can i with your pirmission make a quick story board? I will draw out the story is a way, and give you each slide when i am done with one part of it. How does that sound?