Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few Ideas
10-29-2006, 09:52 AM,
A few Ideas
Just a few ideas fpr your mod SmileFirst a deer scarer and possibly a new AI for deer to wander into garden appear to start eating plants and then when the deer scarer tips make them run. I looked in one of my books about ancient japan and it mentions a geomancy compass,You'd put it in the ground and then the needle would point a certain way and it would say build a storehouse here and gain great prospercy but build a well ove there and have your wife leave you and have your family catch deasises

Sorry about the bad spelling Smile
:elk:
:worship: :worship:
10-30-2006, 12:56 AM,

Hi, you have a PM Wink

We might use the geomancy compass, the player would have to get it for an architect (that would be a quest) then he will use it to plan & build a new town (player owned).
Or something like that Wink
Akavir mod leader.
10-30-2006, 06:51 AM,

Just as a cross reference. That's actually a chinese instrument known as a "luo pan". Guess what? I've actually had plans for it as a semi-magical instrument for the demi-magical school: Computative Divination and Geomancy (see
Hou Jyuu). pure coincidence.

The center needle is actually just a compass, but in stories, it can sometimes behave like a dowsing pointer to point at something.

Surrounding are slidable concentric rings which behaves like meters. The marking are based on 5 elements, the heaven and earth signs, and the trigramatic(2 to power 3) and/or i-ching (2 to power 6) markings. These are used to find relative angles/directions between stuff/locations and the current position. Not exactly sure but I think there are multiple standards of such devices (the larger ones may have more rings for more complicated computation??? my guess only)

For related stuff which I've adapted into my lore work before (not exactly the same as the actual ones, since I replaced some of the names/signs with stuff that fits better to Tamriel)

5 elements
earth signs
heaven signs
wheel annual system
time system

the REAL geomantic compass
here's a nicer looking but less clear version
I read emails regularly like ... once per month.
10-30-2006, 07:08 AM,

Ive got a book about ancient japan which is were i got the information from so i'll see if I can scan the picture
:elk:
:worship: :worship:
10-30-2006, 01:11 PM,

I already have a deer chaser modeled, just need to texture and figure out how to animate it. I guess I could use a rotation script on the bamboo part but then it would have to be in two seperate pieces.
10-31-2006, 03:24 AM,

Wow!

You got a deer chaser already?

:eek:
Akavir mod leader.
10-31-2006, 01:28 PM,

Yeah I have a couple versions. Unless they're needed right now, I probably won't texture them for awhile.

Just a side note- These are also good for scaring large dogs (at least mine). I've had one in my backyard for about 5 years, and my dogs who all weigh over 100 lbs, are scared to death of it. Every time it goes "doke" they all run like someone just spanked them. Smile
11-01-2006, 02:35 AM,

Cool Big Grin

But we don't need them right now, there are more important models Wink
Akavir mod leader.
11-01-2006, 05:26 AM,

LOL... deer chaser that frightens dogs??? how big is yours?? (chaser and dog?). Tot deer chasers are supposed to create a point of movement in the "serenity" of the garden Smile
I read emails regularly like ... once per month.