Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new moder...maybe :)
07-19-2010, 11:00 PM,
A new moder...maybe :)
Hi! I am new here and i saw some work that you shown and i think it is brilliant and ambitious project...

I could help with some int/ext design and I am very good with the lore ...(purist Big Grin)

If you need something to work on,I will be glad to help... Smile
07-20-2010, 09:30 AM,

Hello and welcome to the Black Marsh! We're always looking for new talent, and if you've got a solid background in lore that's even better. Once Ibsen's Ghost, our leader, gets here, he'll probably move your post to this thread: New Modders Start Here which is where new members normally introduce themselves. You'll also need to claim a naming code here: Naming Codes

Regarding work, we now have a whole bunch of interiors that need claiming in various settlements: http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/board.php?boardid=411 But there are also exteriors available too, which I'm sure Ibsen will tell you more about when he drops by. I hope you have fun here!
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
07-20-2010, 10:39 AM,

Hi SeLePN,

Good to have you with us. You're welcome to join and both interiors/exteriors always need work. It looks like Deeza has done my job for me so please check out those two links above.

Afterwards, you'll be wanting to download the esm and the bsa archive which you will need to undertake modding claims. The esm can be found here: Latest esm and esp updates . We're working off v2.36 at the moment which is the first link you'll come to. The bsa archive needs to be sent to you via PM so check your inbox once you've decided on a naming code.

A warning here though because new members sometimes struggle with the archive. At the moment, one of our new modders, Apollyna, is experiencing a freezing of the CS and some people have reported that the bsa file they downloaded is corrupt. I haven't experienced that personally but if it happens to you then there's always the option of downloading the archive in normal folder format which basically just means putting folders in the right place. You can download it in this format here: Black Marsh Resources: Latest bsa . Bear in mind that there may be a few missing objects with this archive but if this is a problem (it's not going to cause major errors) then you can download the updates that I posted up after that one.

The claims for modding tasks are all in the claims section. Bear in mind that there are more interiors claims than exist there so if you fancy something different then let me know and I can try to recommend some good ones to you.

Welcome to the Black Marshes! :goodjob:

P.S. One last thing...please keep in touch. I get very irritated by people who join and then do precisely nothing or, even worse, those who offer the world and still do nothing. Keep it honest and that makes sure that we work well as a team.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
07-22-2010, 05:28 AM,

OK m8s... Big Grin Thx for the info...

I will see some of the claims that are available for me, but I am good with details so you can recommend me some complex. things but not so much interiors... Smile

I can do towns and other exterior public places so recommend someone that you are working active right now ...
07-22-2010, 10:33 AM,

The best thing to do is to check out the claims section. There are some interior claims there but I'm hoping to get more posted before I go away on holiday. Otherwise, dungeon or landscaping claims may appeal. As for the settlements, we have halted development of them until we release the beta version. Settlements modding is very, very popular and tends to leave quite a lot of less popular interior claims around so you may have to hang around and earn your stripes for that, I'm afraid.

Nevertheless, I'd certainly appreciate some help with the landscaping. Some of this is just a case of making sure there are no floating objects and correcting some features besides adding new dungeon entrances and setting up features within the landscape. I tend to do all of this but, despite the fact that it's quite a task, it's a lot of fun creating new places and it's the closest we have to settlement modding. The most difficult of these is the last jungle claim but you'll need to make sure that the variety of objects is similar to the one next to it (the North-Eastern claim) or it will look odd. Nevertheless, you can set up a Naga camp and some other interesting bits and pieces with that one....but it will be time-consuming.

Dungeon modding should be fun too, though....and we do have some highly original resources for them.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
07-22-2010, 12:25 PM,

OK...

I will first do a dungeon for start up because i have an open project that I have to finish ...it will take me about 5 or 6 days minimal ...
07-22-2010, 05:12 PM,

Great news! You should be able to use some of our own levelled lists for the creatures. Make sure you ask me any questions you need to before I go on holiday on the 26th. Otherwise, the likes of Deeza or Koniption should be around to help.