Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A note about my absence
11-23-2008, 07:08 PM,
A note about my absence
I should have posted this earlier but unfortunately I didn't.

In mid-October I and my wife decided to get a divorce and thus end our six-year relationship. I'm the one who initiated the break-up, but I don't think she was very happy with the state we were in either. We fought and argued a bit after that and it ended with her signing up for a new apartment. We were going to continue sharing the joint apartment until new years, with me living in the spare room and she and our daughter in the remaining apartment, but after three weeks the situation got impossible for her and she moved in with her parents until she gets the new apartment.

I'm now in the interesting position of needing to redefine my commitment to Silgrad Tower, because my commitment has always been closely linked to her. In a bad way, because for a very long time I've used ST as a means of escaping my home life and to block her out of my mind. When we broke up I didn't have that need any longer and that's why I haven't been around much lately. I've instead focused on school and taken a few steps towards dating again.

I did have a strong interest in modding and in Elder Scrolls before I met her, and I don't for a second think that my divorce will spell the end of my commitment to the team. But it will change, and it will likely take some time before I can be as active as I once was. But it's by no means the end of it. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
11-23-2008, 07:35 PM,

Thanks for being so frank. I hope things work out. Welcome back to the lonely world of single males looking for a date. Don't ask me for tips, though. I'm crap at the whole thing!
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
11-23-2008, 07:39 PM,

That's hard. I guess you'll be still busy with divorcing issues. I hope you're still doing well.
11-23-2008, 08:07 PM,

I think we have all had breaks ups of one kind or another and I hope you come out stronger in the end.

As I was reading I was thinking you were going to say the Mod caused alot of the issues, I am glad instead it helped you. I am also happy that my wife of 7 years enjoys the space we have when I am modding Smile.

I realize I have less than a year in working with this mod but some how I think it would not be the same if you chose not to contribute. That is not to say that I would not feel the same about a few others here.

I am glad you will be sticking around Smile.
11-23-2008, 08:16 PM,

I hope you the best, Razorwing.
11-23-2008, 09:19 PM,

Sorry to hear about this. Take the time you need; this is the type of thing that makes it good that someone else also has the keys to the kingdom. :yes:

Steve
11-23-2008, 09:47 PM,

You have my sympathy too. I wish you all the best.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
11-24-2008, 12:19 AM,

I'm very sorry to hear of this my friend, I remember we talked
about this in private a long time ago when I was having troubles
as well, I suppose it ended the way it needed too.

I hope your able to have your daughter as often as possible

Take your leave and relax get yourself back in the groove
Hope we can have you on more then less.

Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
11-24-2008, 12:48 AM,

I hope things smooth over eventually for you, Razorwing. Do take the time to rest. I sent you that tutorial you asked for, btw, via a PM reply.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
11-24-2008, 03:03 AM,

That's unfortunate, best of luck with whatever the future has for you. I hope after everything is said and done you'll at least still be able to see your daughter.