Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Relz] The Darkness of Castle Hei Li Beta
08-18-2009, 12:37 AM,
[Relz] The Darkness of Castle Hei Li Beta
I have uploaded the beta of the Adventure quest I made.

For some reason it requires "CM Partners.esm". For the life of me I don't know why. I have tried to remove it to no avail.

Castle Hei Li

This is still beta so I want you guys to help test is for me. It's kind of hard so I would like to know how Player level changes the Experience. To start the quest just buy the newest book from The First Edition.

I hope you guys like it. The resources used draw heavily from works for the Akavir Team so If you saw something I liked a while back now is you change to download it.

For the Quest

Spoilers

To get to the Castle look for my friend in Cheydenhal

More Spoilers

He is a Begger so just find the bag he keeps his stuff in.
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
10-08-2009, 11:10 PM,

I have made many improvements to this and would appreciate some help fixing errors and such.

Here is the New Download

I would really appreciate some help with this. I know it is big, but I encourage all of our team to try out my mod. It contains almost every model I have ever made, plus new ones. I think we can use this as an example of what we have accomplished.

It still need CM Partners to work.

So please try it out. I worked really hard on this.
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
10-08-2009, 11:42 PM,

well I thought it was pretty fun. I liked how you set up the buildings interior and exteriors(especially the library), and the original problem on the first one with the teleport necklace works now. I got a little lost at first, but it didn't take me long to wander around and find stuff to advance the quest stages.

That was the pros(that I can think of atm), now for the cons. It uber lagged my computer in some places(mostly places outdoors and the interior before I fought the guy in blue armor) XD. Of course I dont exacly have that strong of a computer

Dell XPS400(check the power supply before playing anything graphic intensive on machines from these guys! Dont scrap your vid card 3times like I did DSmile
G-force 6800 256mb
Intel Pentium D CPU 2.80GHz
3gig memory
and some other stuff I cant remember but proly isn't important....anyway>.>

there was a problem with the door at the crypt. I go in and just fall then turn up someplace and everything gets crazy. Im not sure what caused the door to dissapear...but when I looked in the CS it crashed every time O.o.

But beyond that, everything was cool imo. Good work Corthian
10-09-2009, 01:08 AM,

Thanks.

The problem with the outdoor part is that the collision is the wrong type. It can cause massive slow down. Which could be a large problem as we may need to use that tileset for other things as well. I have tried to change it to no avail. I will look at it again.

I will check out the crypt for errors. This is my first quest mod so bare with me.

Edit:

I can't seem to make a collision mesh from a mesh. The Collision type used by my tile set is extremely inefficient, usually it can be converted to a better type by simply importing into and out of Blender(I've done it before), but when I try that the exported Nif doesn't have any collision. The Tileset I used for the basement used the inefficient collision, I changed it and got a 10x better framerate. I wonder if perhaps that was the cause of the crash in the crypt. I forgot to mention this requires SI, it you don't have it, it may have caused a crash. I am relieved there aren't any graphical errors as that was the cause of most of the updates.
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
10-09-2009, 02:34 PM,

Congratulations Corthian.

Sounds like that work is coming along nicely for you.