Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Absence, and my new computer
08-20-2008, 09:39 PM,
Absence, and my new computer
I went to my church's summer camp (and forgot to inform you guys), and when I got back I found out my computer basically got destroyed in a lightning storm.

but I have returned, and I have a, um, 'new' computin' experience here. kind of.

I won't lie to you; my oblivion playing/modding days are definatly over. I'm barely holding out my hopes for this computer running morrowind, even if it is an amazing crippled wonder of the world.

I'll post in my claims regarding what to do with them, but for now....

Computer Features include:

-Comedy
-Wireless Internet
-no case.
-2, count them, 2, external hard drives
-"260,528 KB" of RAM (that's right, it's so old it doesn't count RAM in megabytes.)
-no video card.
-an, uh, 'external' DVD/CD drive (I couldn't get the first one out.)
-a cold, inhospitable landscape of computer management

... I'm proud of it.

GoatsOnABoat has attached this image (downsized version):
[Image: tn_attachment-13873.jpg]
computer.jpg (222 KB)
08-20-2008, 10:04 PM,

Ouch... Sad Well, I hope you get some better computer stuff sometime soon...

Thanks for letting know anyway. Smile
08-20-2008, 10:46 PM,

Sorry to hear about your troubles, man.

My first comp had 64 kilobytes of ram, so by that comparison your rig is pretty sweet. Big Grin But I'm just kidding, that comp was from 1987. I'm amazed you can do anything on ~256kb these days, even things like running those external hard drives you mention. Gotta be DOS, right? But still, I find that amazing.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-20-2008, 11:42 PM,

Terrible, terrible luck, GoatsOnABoat ;(

I hope you manage to come by a decent set-up some time. There are some good deals about. I could always find a friend in ICT who built their own computers or some other contact who could help me out when I wanted to get hold of something. I'm an habitual bargain hunter and have done quite well with it, really.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
08-20-2008, 11:42 PM,

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Not sure what I would do now if I was not modding. Hopefully you can upgrade in the future.
08-20-2008, 11:52 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Sorry to hear about your troubles, man.

My first comp had 64 kilobytes of ram, so by that comparison your rig is pretty sweet. Big Grin But I'm just kidding, that comp was from 1987. I'm amazed you can do anything on ~256kb these days, even things like running those external hard drives you mention. Gotta be DOS, right? But still, I find that amazing.

i should probably be upset about it, but i guess i'm not? I actually feel pretty good. :yes:

the hard-drives are USB, so it's not that bad.

my dad also offered to get me a new computer, so I guess I actually might be back to modding after a while. but that's not gonna be so soon.