Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Abusing' ST Ob 1
02-13-2006, 09:04 PM,
'Abusing' ST Ob 1
To be honest ... just right now I feel like I'm hijacking a thread, posting a load of BS and vanish, leaving everyone with a foul taste in the mouth.

Alright, yesterday evening I found myself listening to Anaglyph's excellent music again and all of a sudden there was my trusted guitar in my hand. I dangled a bit around and before I knew what was happening there was a cable, connecting the guitar with my PC, Audacity opened and ... yes ... your worst fear was beginning to take form.

DISCLAIMER! This is a rough, a very rough draft. I was simply playing alongside Anaplyph's piece, copied the track, edited it, copied it again, edited it differently, added a fourth track and played some kind of a ... erm, solo guitar, put it all together turned it into a mp3 file and ...

... now I'm asking myself, if this piece could be used in the one or other tavern. Or maybe it is simply an inspiration for a guitar player to do the piece the justice it deserves. (I always sucked at finger-picking and I played always the rhythm guitar ...)

Greetings

Quentin

black[/hr]
Quentin Fortune has attached this file:
Abusing ST Ob 1 (689 KB)
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
02-13-2006, 09:51 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
To be honest ... just right now I feel like I'm hijacking a thread, posting a load of BS and vanish, leaving everyone with a foul taste in the mouth.

Alright, yesterday evening I found myself listening to Anaglyph's excellent music again and all of a sudden there was my trusted guitar in my hand. I dangled a bit around and before I knew what was happening there was a cable, connecting the guitar with my PC, Audacity opened and ... yes ... your worst fear was beginning to take form.

DISCLAIMER! This is a rough, a very rough draft. I was simply playing alongside Anaplyph's piece, copied the track, edited it, copied it again, edited it differently, added a fourth track and played some kind of a ... erm, solo guitar, put it all together turned it into a mp3 file and ...

... now I'm asking myself, if this piece could be used in the one or other tavern. Or maybe it is simply an inspiration for a guitar player to do the piece the justice it deserves. (I always sucked at finger-picking and I played always the rhythm guitar ...)

Greetings

Quentin

I'd say some poor old Dunmer bard in some little tavern somewhere in Ebbedin or something should be playing it once a week at 9 PM ingame.... as an easter-egg... then some devout player will notice it is similar to the Silgrad theme!
02-13-2006, 10:12 PM,

Very atmoshpheric, I love it! It would be great ambience music for taverns. Big Grin

I think it deserves its own thread though. Come to think of it, maybe we should have a separate board on our forum devoted to sounds and music?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
02-13-2006, 10:15 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Very atmoshpheric, I love it! It would be great ambience music for Imperial taverns. Big Grin

I think it deserves its own thread though. Come to think of it, maybe we should have a separate board on our forum devoted to sounds and music?
that would be ideal :goodjob:
02-13-2006, 11:07 PM,

Great idea, Razorwing.

And thanks for the kind words everyone ... somehow I like to see myself as an old Dunmer bard, sitting in a more than dubious boozehole, strumming my lute ...

Greetings

Quentin

P.S.: Splitted it Big Grin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
02-14-2006, 01:14 AM,

Wow. I can really see the potential in that tune, seems we have a very adaptable theme song. Big Grin

Quote:Or maybe it is simply an inspiration for a guitar player to do the piece the justice it deserves. (I always sucked at finger-picking and I played always the rhythm guitar ...)

If I had the equipment I would certainly try. Ive never had formal lessons, and suck at chords, but ive had some sucess at picking ever since I became an expert at guitar hero. :lmao:
02-14-2006, 02:29 PM,

It sounds uncannily like Greensleeves when played on guitar. heh Nice one. :goodjob:
Music for Silgrad Tower: Oblivion by Anaglyph