Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adapted Dremora
06-04-2008, 09:59 AM,
Adapted Dremora
After speaking to various people over at the 'Dremora Worship Society' where 'Markynza Kyndrulhu', my character for 'Oblivion Sound Sets', is rapidly gaining a cult following, it was suggested that I try to work out a way of having Dagon's Dremora trade insults with the player-character Dremora.

This would mean me having to record a separate voice set for Dremora but, having already possibly implemented brucevayne's Player/Companion Sound Sets within ST, if my plans for Anaster Marrowmir work out okay, then that would make such a thing possible. It would be a little bit tricky on the scripting side although I'm sure brucevayne would be willing to have a go and see if this works.

The suggestion (by Onxe) potentially opened doors for the role of Dremora within ST which is what I'd like people to consider here. There is the possibility of making the Dremora more like a normal race. Personally, I'd like to skip the persuasion game because a) I really don't want to be shredding my throat with tons of these recordings and b) would it really be possible to sweet-talk a Dremora anyway?

These sorts of things would need to be considered but the main topic of interest from these guys' suggestions is in making the Dremora more defined as a culture and introducing more lore-friendly (and insulting) remarks.

For us, we would need to consider whether there would be a call for Dremoran guards. To give you a taster of this voice as it stands, either take a look at my Kyndrulhu sound sets, either basic: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=12588 or obscene: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=17000 . Or try a sample in the 'Oblivion Sound Sets' of my video presentation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWSAV6hQgE . I was thinking of mixing in some other slight effect on here to make it a little different as well.

Any thoughts?
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
06-05-2008, 10:42 AM,

I noticed that some people's work, including some quests designed by TID, involved Deadric realms so perhaps meeting the 'Great Hero' will be a slightly more civil affair than usual. Here's a rough-draft list of possible lines for such a thing as a neutral (because you couldn't have friendly) Dremorans:

Take note that all line totals would need to be significantly reduced to reflect the characteristic Dremoran bluntness. Like the early suggestions here, some lines may be simply text messages or gesture animations describing how the Dremoran is feeling.

Greetings files

Happy – begrudging respect
Neutral - “dead silence” and “the Dremora’s eyes scour into the depths of your soul.”
Disgust - insults
Anger – threats

Conversation Tab

Skills recognition lines x20+ - mainly sneering, except perhaps combat and destruction disciplines
Other Greetings – A significantly reduced amount and variety but can feature grunts and responses such as “Make it quick, mortal” etc.
Race-specific Greetings – More vile racial slurs obviously, with maybe grunts of approval or shortened remarks e.g. “Breton!” instead of “Greetings, fellow Breton!”
Transition lines – farting, belching, spitting etc.
Sad General – delighted
Anger receive – growls
Happy receive – self-satisfaction
Surprise receive – suspicion
Follow up negative + Follow up positive – effectively reversed
Answer Negative – much less remarks and blunt
Answer Status – bemused
Neutral receive – bored with silences
Question – more direct, abrupt and with implied taunts
Book responses – Dremorans hate all books except the likes of the Mysterium Xarxes and stratagems of war – reduced number of lines again
Creature responses – boasts about destroying them in all sorts of grisly ways

Combat Tab

Attack Lines – less recordings but far, far more insulting and sickeningly violent
Hit – howls in outrage
Flee - ?
Steal, Pickpocket, Assault & Trespass – some brief remarks followed by an immediate attack (this will make thievery around Dremorans much more hazardous)
Yield – in the interests of gaining powerful allies only
Murder – Goes into a Berserker frenzy and enjoys the blood-letting and anarchy
Steal, Pickpocket, Assault & Trespass (no crime versions) – encouraging, making suggestions, enjoying and relishing the anarchy

Persuasion Tab

Other than resorting to bribery, this does not exist as Dremorans cannot be persuaded by anything other than powerful magic.

Detection Tab

Noticed – sniffing for prey
Seen – joy, bloodlust, eager to get at the meat before his friends
Unseen – immense frustration
Lost – calling on Daedra to help him

Service Tab (Dremorans should only really sell certain items)

Barter – Should be a reduced choice of wares that the Dremorans are able to sell
BarterFail – Scorn, resentment
Repair – Immense pride / disgust of anything non-Dremoran
Training – Again, immense pride but only for restricted disciplines
BarterBuyItem – Suspicious of being robbed
BarterSellItem – Begrudging; thinks the player should shower him with wealth automatically
BarterExit – Commands e.g. “Go fetch me some more loot.”
Recharge – Disgruntled at the lack of blood and magic fountains

Miscellaneous Tab

Info Refusal – Various. Suggest bribery
Idle – Sick fantasies
Observe Combat – Hoping for good entertainment
Corpse – Languishing in it; delighted
TimeToGo – Blunt e.g. “Be gone”

Crime Quest Guard's Lines

(Probably the more useful of Dremora recordings, potentially)

Maybe I should start here...
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]