Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding custom grass to a land texture
05-10-2009, 09:28 AM,
Adding custom grass to a land texture
Does anyone know how to add custom grass to a land texture? I have added the grass itself but when I check out the options to set up the land texture, I can select the 'grass' option but there appears to be no way of assigning a particular grass type to it. Does anyone know how to do this?
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
05-11-2009, 12:21 AM,

Drag the custom grass from the WorldObjects -> Grass into the LandTexture window. You can keep the LandTexture window open whilst doing this.

That's which way I've always done it.
05-15-2009, 02:13 PM,

That doesn't seem to be working for some reason....trust my luck! ?(
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
05-15-2009, 04:13 PM,

What exactly doesn't work? Are you able to drag the Grass entry to the Land Texture or doesn't it appear in game?
05-15-2009, 04:55 PM,

I can drag it in there and it appears in the list but it doesn't appear ingame. It must be the grass I'm using. It's Sachiel's custom grass. I'll try it with a vanilla grass....
05-15-2009, 06:49 PM,

make sure that your grass textures are in the right folder and that you arent putting more than three grasses into each texture.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
05-15-2009, 09:21 PM,

Hmmm, which folder do they need to be in?

Actually, I may need to resort to tutorials after all. I was hoping I could just copy the settings for another land texture and just use a different grass type but I don't think the grasses are doing what they should. When I get the vanilla ones to show up they lie too low and you can clearly see the foursquare pattern of the nif model.
05-15-2009, 09:49 PM,

they work in any folder, afair. just make sure that you didn't accidentally move them after you assigned the path to the CS entry, that happened to me once.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era