Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding new creatures
06-05-2009, 08:16 PM,
Adding new creatures
Hi everyone! This is a very general query. I have been compiling a master file for the High Rock and Summerset Isles projects, which will include several types of new creatures. Whenever I try to add any new creatures into the CS, they fail to display (ie. I select the skeleton .nif, and it seems to work fine, but when I add the creature into a cell I get a blank cube instead of a creature).

Does anyone know what's going on?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
06-05-2009, 08:35 PM,

When you open the creatures properties, move the tabs at the top to the right and find the model tab. In there select the parts of the creature, most are split into multiple parts.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
06-05-2009, 10:37 PM,

Thankyou. I will try that.

Edit:

I looked - there are no linked meshes shown for some reason. Yet I have several in the file. How to I link them to the skeleton?

06-05-2009, 10:48 PM,

You don't link them to the skeleton. When you select the new skeleton for the new creature, the CS automatically picks up any models in same folder as the skeleton, these are the models it adds to the model list. If none appear in the model list, then its not picking them up in the folder.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
06-06-2009, 12:27 PM,

Thankyou very much, it is working fine now.