Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding to our book library
09-27-2006, 01:30 PM,
Adding to our book library
Axen did a great job of porting the books Bethesda wrote for TES3, but the stock selection is a bit limiting (or so I've found while modding). It also stands to reason that quite a few of the players who would take the time to read books would know those ones by heart. Don't get me wrong though, they're a godsend when modding, but more would add variety and fresh reading. That's why I'd like to ask;

Could someone who was an affinity for the subject of in-game books research which books would be viable for inclusion into the Silgrad Tower mod out of the books fans wrote during the TES3 era? Further, port the texts to Oblivion's book format and supply them as .esp's?

Regarding which books to choose I personally think epic journeys spanning twenty volumes written from a first-person perspective would be pretty far down on the priority list. There's nothing wrong with that kind of books if they have a connection to our mod, which fanfics are unlikely to have. Also, books that have no relation at all to the Morrowind Province isn't as interesting either in my opinion, because it's hard to justify placing them in the world in most cases. A Dunmer fisherman wouldn't give a fig about Summerset Isle, for instance. Religion on the other hand - the Temple, the God-Kings, the Daedra, ancestors, and so on - is a perfect subject, as the Dunmer is a pretty religious people for the most part. Redorans especially. Scientific books that state knowledge are great too.

If anyone is interested, please go right ahead and port books at your discretion, and post up the esp when you're finished. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
09-27-2006, 06:37 PM,
RE: Adding to our book library
:confused: already started upgrading short stories for Bob-with-lotsa-numbers - the geezer as wot is leaderin' TES3 :explained: remember the Gardener Story - he now has a brand spiffin new version of that!

If you want I will ask him to port them accross into Vis Dev so they can be upgraded as soon as they are done? -

I also suggested to him that there might be a Master Aron claim offered somewhere in Silgrad Tower (if it is not there already?), with the Gardens turned to Swamps in the old mine excavations under his house?
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
09-27-2006, 07:55 PM,

The uncensored version of the Real Barenziah.....lol, jk.

I think we have lots of books. keep in mind the books are something people read usually when they are bored in TES or are trying to find something out.
Lol what?
09-27-2006, 08:10 PM,

nah, that smilie means 'explained,' not the hrm hmm other thing.
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman