Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Akaviri armour
02-18-2007, 04:47 PM,
Akaviri armour
Here are some Blade armour recolours I made originally for personal use, but I thought I might share some screens in case you wanted to use them. There is also an image of the original as well.

TheImperialDragon has attached these images (downsized versions):
[Image: tn_attachment-7218.jpg] [Image: tn_attachment-7219.jpg] [Image: tn_attachment-7220.jpg]
398.jpg (61.24 KB) | 399.jpg (61 KB) | 397.jpg (64.23 KB)
02-19-2007, 04:16 PM,

awesomeness
I have no idea what is going around here
02-20-2007, 04:01 AM,

Well, i'm not sure how much of the blades armor we will use, i know i will use the shield, and maybe the the lower half of the armor.
But we just have to wait and see, we do have a samurai armor model (more or less) and i hope to use that.
Akavir mod leader.
02-20-2007, 04:41 AM,

It was a quick job. I thought that Blade armour was of Akaviri design? If not, then my apologies. Big Grin
02-20-2007, 05:27 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
It was a quick job. I thought that Blade armour was of Akaviri design? If not, then my apologies. Big Grin

Yeah, it is of Akaviri design, mostly the lower half, i can tell that Bethesda at least tried to make something that sort of looks like "kusazuri, haidate and suneate" Big Grin
The shield looks just like a type of shield used in India, you can see one here:

[Image: th_333257.jpg]
Mirror: http://www.dnfa.com/andrewgrant/search.a...d=333257-1
Akavir mod leader.
04-22-2007, 02:09 AM,

are you sure that is blades armor? Because none of it except the shield (as a person above pointed our) is uniquely Asian in design.

The top half looks EXACTLY like the Lorica Segementa of the 2nd century Roman Empire...

The lower half could be from any civilization...metal/leather/cloth strips at the groin area were used by the Greeks, Persians, Seleucid Successor states - Baktrians, Ptolmies, Pontus, etc.

The pic is awesome nonethelessSmile
-Connoisseur of Rome: Total War modification - "Europa Barbarorum"
-History Buff of Ancient European & East Asian History and WW2
04-22-2007, 03:35 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Intranetusa
are you sure that is blades armor? Because none of it except the shield (as a person above pointed our) is uniquely Asian in design.

The top half looks EXACTLY like the Lorica Segementa of the 2nd century Roman Empire...

The lower half could be from any civilization...metal/leather/cloth strips at the groin area were used by the Greeks, Persians, Seleucid Successor states - Baktrians, Ptolmies, Pontus, etc.

The pic is awesome nonethelessSmile

Yeah that's blades armor alright :yes: we know that because Bethesda says so (and they made the game so they must be right).
Personally, i would like to have seen something entirely roman/greek or japanese in design, not a hybrid monstrosity with a lot of artistic license Big Grin (but hey, it's a fantasy game, so it's no big deal).
The top half of the armor is indeed roman, this can not be denied by anyone Wink
Only very close in-game inspection will show that the lower half of the armor has sune-ate (but modified, so it looks like it could be almost anything).
Close inspection will also show that the haidate are laced "sugake" style (sparse laced) but the lace has been placed very sloppy.
The tassets are probably inspired by japanese armor too (otherwise bethesda would have used the leather "tassets" that are commonly seen on roman and greek armors).
The cloth of the legs looks just like japanese kikko (brigandine).
Akavir mod leader.
04-22-2007, 06:36 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by KodamaYeah that's blades armor alright :yes: we know that because Bethesda says so (and they made the game so they must be right).
Personally, I would like to have seen something entirely roman/greek or japanese in design, not a hybrid monstrosity with a lot of artistic license Big Grin (but hey, it's a fantasy game, so it's no big deal).
The top half of the armor is indeed roman, this can not be denied by anyone Wink
Only very close in-game inspection will show that the lower half of the armor has sune-ate (but modified, so it looks like it could be almost anything).
Close inspection will also show that the haidate are laced "sugake" style (sparse laced) but the lace has been placed very sloppy.
The tassets are probably inspired by japanese armor too (otherwise bethesda would have used the leather "tassets" that are commonly seen on roman and greek armors).
The cloth of the legs looks just like japanese kikko (brigandine).

Metal tassets aren't exclusively East Asian/Japanese because Alexandrian successor states such as Baktrians used metal tassets and metal skirts & sewn metal strips. (I was looking over metal tassets for Baktrian infantry over at the forums.totalwar.org boards for EB)

If you're referring to the golden-orange cloth like object at the groin, that's a fairly common piece of armor in any East Asian millitary as well as middle eastern culture.

As for brigandine, that's also fairly common, used by both European and East Asian millitaries...as for Asian brigandine, it probably evolved from scale or lamellar armor and isn't exactly unique either.

Yeh, but you're right...it's a fantasy game Smile
As for myself, I prefer the Romanish armors and the full plate armor that resembles 16th Gothic knight armors.

Personally, I think Bethesda just screwed up the design for Blades armor and decided to call it armor from Akavir since no one would know. Big Grin
-Connoisseur of Rome: Total War modification - "Europa Barbarorum"
-History Buff of Ancient European & East Asian History and WW2