Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Ald Nium Quest 1] Curing Gaelin
01-27-2008, 10:49 PM,
[Ald Nium Quest 1] Curing Gaelin
Curing Gaelin

[blockquote]This is only one of several quests that I have recently written for the settlement of Ald Nium. I will probably not be modding all of them, so any leftover ideas or quests can be used by someone else for a different set of characters in our mod.[/blockquote]
Story:

Spend some time in Ald Nium and the player will eventually learn that Forvith Gaelin (one of the older villagers) is sick. He is alive, but he can't stand or talk anymore. Ulla Aran, a Dunmer woman who is unpopular because of her research on local herbs and fungi, is looking for a cure to his illness so far without success.

The player will talk to Ulla Aran and she will tell him/her that Forvith Gaelin has contracted a nameless disease that was only seen once before in Ald Nium. It killed another old villager just a few weeks ago. The disease starts off like an ordinary sickness, but eventually causes extreme fatigue and weakness. She will ask the player to retrieve four special mushrooms from a nearby cave (she thinks they might help, but she's not sure). She describes them as Red Luminous Russula that glow orange instead of the usual cool green. They are a special strain of mushroom and can only be found in that cave.

The cave is going to be four levels deep with standard enemies - meaning mudcrabs, rats, slaughterfish, and maybe the occasional spider or gargoyle.

NOTE: Each mushroom can only be harvested once. Once the player activates the flora item, the object will disappear from the world and the harvested form will appear in the player's inventory. These mushroom objects would use a script similar to Nirnroots.

After the player returns with four red mushrooms, Ulla Aran will tell him/her to come back in three days. Sure enough, Forvith will recover and the player will be able to collect rewards from both Ulla Aran (who is looked on a little more favorably by the village) and Forvith Gaelin (who is grateful to be cured).

Journal Entries:

20 - Forvith Gaelin here in Ald Nium is sick. Ulla Aran is looking for a cure to his illness so far without success. If I find time, I should talk to her.
40 - Ulla Aran told me that Forvith Gaelin is suffering from a nameless disease that could eventually cause his death. She wants me to collect four Red Luminous Russula caps from the cave Amanashi, which is just north-west of here.
60 - I have found four Red Luminous Russula caps. I should bring them to Ulla Aran.
80 - Ulla Aran thanked me for bringing her the mushrooms. She said that she was grateful because, if this works, the villagers will look more favorably on her and her research. I should return in three days to see if the medicine worked.
90 - Because the medicine worked, Ulla Aran rewarded me with an emerald. She also said she'd let other people in Ald Nium know of my good deed.
95 - Forvith Gaelin thanked me in person for helping cure his condition. As a reward, he gave me a book about Dunmer culture. He promised to tell the other villagers about what I had done for him.
100 - Both Ulla Aran and Forvith Gaelin have thanked me for collecting the mushrooms.

black[/hr]
Ulla Aran and Forvith Gaelin are already in the mod and they both have their own houses.

Comments?
01-28-2008, 04:49 PM,

Cool
:goodjob:

Will we be giving our now cured nameless illness a name and the potion which cures it

I ask this only for futhure modder use

Enjoy
Diet Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
01-29-2008, 11:18 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
Will we be giving our now cured nameless illness a name and the potion which cures it

Hmm... a name. Big Grin How about something like "Sleeper Disease" or "Gaelin Syndrome"?

Bittergreen petals and Red Luminous Russula caps boiled together in fresh water sounds like it would work.
01-30-2008, 04:25 AM,

Sounds good

The only reason I ask is that if another modder wanted to add flavor to a quest, this rare sickness can be used and your npc Ulla Aran can be the one to make this potion again

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories