Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Ald Nium Quest 2] Family Feud
01-27-2008, 10:49 PM,
[Ald Nium Quest 2] Family Feud
Family Feud

[blockquote]This is only one of several quests that I have recently written for the settlement of Ald Nium. I will probably not be modding all of them, so any leftover ideas or quests can be used by someone else for a different set of characters in our mod.[/blockquote]
Story:

There are rumours in Ald Nium that the Sadrith and Retheren families haven't been getting along for months, and that Hetman Ololeth is looking to put an end to any disagreements between the two families.

There will be three ways to get this quest:
[INDENT][/INDENT]i) through the hetman wanting to stop the feud
[INDENT][/INDENT]ii) through the Sadrith family complaining about the Retheran family
[INDENT][/INDENT]iii) through the Retheren family complaining about the Sadrith family

And there are only two possible endings:
[INDENT][/INDENT]i) the feud stops (courtesy of the player being a good guy)
[INDENT][/INDENT]ii) the feud gets worse (courtesy of the player being a bad guy)

I'll try to keep this summary simple.

If the player talks to the hetman first, he will task the player with stopping the feud. Reilin Retheren (head of the Retheren family) will say that the Sadriths stole the family shield. Tenalen Sadrith (Sadrith family head) will say that the Retherens are accusing them of something they would never do - stealing - and suggests the Retherens are simply saying this because the Sadriths are of House Dres descent. The shield can be found on top of the closet in the Retheren residence. The player will return it to Reilin and can say either the truth that the shield was in his house the whole time (Reilin realizes that he should apologize for holding this against him for months), or a lie that Tenalen hid it in his house (Reilin vows to get revenge in the name of family honour).

If the player talks to Tenalen Sadrith first instead of the hetman or Reilin, he will say that the Retherens are accusing the Sadriths of stealing an heirloom because of their Dres ancestry. Reilin will say that's not true and that he must be hiding it somewhere. The journal will suggest looking through both homes thoroughly first. Again, once found the player can make things better by telling the truth, or manipulate them to make the feud worse.

If the player talks to Reilin Retheren first, he will say that the Sadriths stole the family shield. Tenalen denies this and suggests that the Retherens are saying this to make them look bad. Journal says to search both homes - player finds it on the top of the closet - and we know the rest.

Hetman Ololeth will thank the player for taking care of the situation if he/she got the first ending (reward: some potions, food, and traveling gear along with a disposition boost in Ald Nium).

If not, the player will suffer a disposition loss from the villagers and a lot more from the hetman, who refuses to discuss the matter any further.

Journal Entries:

10 - I heard that the Retheren and Sadrith families in Ald Nium aren't getting along. The hetman is looking to end to this feud.
20 - Hetman Ololeth asked me to talk to Tenalen of the Sadrith family and Reilin of the Retheren family to see if I can settle their bitter disagreements.
30 - Reilin Retheren says that Tenalen Sadrith stole the Retheren shield, an heirloom that's been in his family for generations. I should confront Tenalen Sadrith about this.
32 - Tenalen Sadrith says that Reilin Retheren is accusing him of stealing a family heirloom. Tenalen thinks this is just some sort of attack against his family for being of Dres descent. I should talk to Reilin Retheren about this.
40 - Reilin Retheren says Tenalen Sadrith stole his family shield. Tenalen Sadrith says Reilin Retheren is just looking for ways of making the Sadriths look bad. I should thoroughly search both homes for the shield.
50 - I found the Retheren shield in Reilin Retheren's house.
60 - I told Reilin Retheren that the shield was in his own house. He realizes now that he should apologize to the Sadriths. Hetman Ololeth will no doubt want to hear about this.
100 - Hetman Ololeth thanked me for resolving the feud between the Sadrith and Retheren families.
105 - I told Reilin Retheren that the shield was in Tenalen Sadrith's home. He vowed to get revenge against them somehow.

black[/hr]
Both families and their households are already in the mod. Hetman Ololeth can be found at Helna's Inn.

Comments?
01-28-2008, 04:53 PM,

:goodjob:

Nothing to add, as is :check:

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories