Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Ald Nium Quest 3] The Hetman's Son
01-27-2008, 10:49 PM,
[Ald Nium Quest 3] The Hetman's Son
The Hetman's Son

[blockquote]This is only one of several quests that I have recently written for the settlement of Ald Nium. I will probably not be modding all of them, so any leftover ideas or quests can be used by someone else for a different set of characters in our mod.[/blockquote]
Story:

A bit of a sad quest, bears some similarity to a possible ending of the Chorrol quest where the farmer sends his sons and the player to kill some goblins. If any of the sons die, the player has to tell the father.

Rumour is Hetman Ololeth is looking for an experienced adventurer to find his missing son, Sathven.

The hetman will explain that his son, Sathven, is very precious to him. Sathven's the only family the hetman's had since his wife died of the blight when they visited Vvardenfell twenty years ago. Sathven enlisted in the Redoran military only five years ago, so the hetman sees him rarely and is quite lonely.

He hasn't seen his son in seven months and is now quite worried. He'll ask the player to go to Soluthis and find out where Sathven is currently assigned.

The Redoran guards in Soluthis will tell the player to find Sathven's captain (preferably an existing character) in Areya's palace. The captain will say that Sathven's unit went missing while on a hunt north of the city six months before. He sent a few soldiers to look for the unit, but so far there hasn't been any luck. He gave up after a week, figuring they are most likely dead and won't be found. He thought Ololeth already knew.

The player can return to the hetman with this information, but Ololeth will want more. He can't accept that his son is simply missing - he wants to know what happened.

If the player explores the right cave north of the city (there will be a dead Redoran soldier just outside), he/she will find the Redoran unit slaughtered - presumably by the spiders that live in that cave but it's impossible to tell. Sathven's sword (with "Sathven" carved into its hilt) is on the ground near a skeleton.

That's all the proof that is needed. Sathven's captain will thank the player for reporting what happened, but says it was obvious what happened since it's been over six months since the unit was last seen.

Telling Ololeth is a little bit more painful. He'll take the sword, and quietly thank the player with some gold (~120). From that point on, he'll silently spend four hours of each day in front of the shelf where he laid his son's sword. The player will gain some reputation points with House Redoran for this quest.

Journal Entries:

10 - Hetman Ololeth in Ald Nium is looking for an adventurer to find his missing son, Sathven.
20 - Hetman Ololeth told me that his son, Sathven, hasn't talked to him in seven months. He asked me to go to Soluthis to find out where Sathven is. Because Sathven was in the Redoran military, someone there should know.
30 - Sathven's captain told me that the unit Sathven was in went missing six months ago. They were hunting in the rocky region north of the city. He thinks that Sathven is most likely dead.
40 - Ololeth isn't satisfied with knowing his son is missing, he wants to know exactly what happened. He wants me to find his son.
50 - I found a sword near several corpses of what look like Redoran soldiers. It has the name "Sathven" engraved in it. One of these corpses must be Sathven's. Ololeth will want to know what I found.
60 - Ololeth took Sathven's sword and thanked me for finding his son.

black[/hr]
Hetman Ololeth can be found at Helna's Inn.

Comments?
01-28-2008, 04:56 PM,

I got a tear in my left eye

:goodjob:

As is :check:

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
01-28-2008, 05:04 PM,

It's a nice quest, especially the consequence of the kid's death in the father is a nice addition.
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
02-07-2008, 07:04 PM,
Don't take my name please
Sorry but could you please take out the name Sathven it belongs to me and I don't want it being used anywhere i've hand it since 7th grade and I don't want anyone else to use it. thankyou
02-07-2008, 09:41 PM,
RE: Don't take my name please
Quote:Originally posted by Sathven
Sorry but could you please take out the name Sathven it belongs to me and I don't want it being used anywhere i've hand it since 7th grade and I don't want anyone else to use it. thankyou

Interesting. I used two of the name syllables that showed up in our name generator to make Sathven. But I don't have any strong attachment to the son's current name, so I'll make it Gandryth instead.
02-08-2008, 04:56 AM,
RE: Don't take my name please
Quote:Originally posted by Sathven

Well this is a first :eek:

Maybe we should make a disclaimer like they do with TV

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
02-08-2008, 07:29 AM,

Haha far more attention is being drawn to the name from this than just a random character in a mod. Plus having it as a handle. But oh well, whatever.

V nice quest though TID, I somehow missed reading it until now.
02-09-2008, 04:46 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Shakes
Haha far more attention is being drawn to the name from this than just a random character in a mod.

The number of thread views has already gone up by about 100 since that post. :lol: Probably just a lot of you who are wanting to see how this plays out. Tongue Personally, I don't care - Gandryth is just as good as any other generator-based name (maybe even better Big Grin).