Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Ald Nium Quest 4] Flowers for Tindira
01-27-2008, 10:49 PM,
[Ald Nium Quest 4] Flowers for Tindira
Flowers for Tindira

[blockquote]This is only one of several quests that I have recently written for the settlement of Ald Nium. I will probably not be modding all of them, so any leftover ideas or quests can be used by someone else for a different set of characters in our mod.[/blockquote]
Story:

A very simple 'quest'. Platinius Herendius has fallen in love with Tindira, a wood elf who recently moved to Ald Nium from Valenwood. He wants to impress her with flowers, but is unable to get them himself. He wants Heather flowers, specifically, and he's willing to pay 100 gold pieces for five of them.

There really isn't too much complicated with this quest. The player can even tell Tindira what Platnius sent him/her to do, and she will think that's sweet of him.

The only way it can go wrong is if the player somehow kills Tindira, in which case Platinius will refuse to talk to the player.

Journal Entries:

10 - Platinius Herendius in Ald Nium asked me to bring him five Heather flowers so he can give them to Tindira. He's willing to pay 100 gold for when I have all of them.
100 - Platinius thanked me for collecting the flowers.
105 - Tindira is dead, there is no need to collect the flowers anymore.

black[/hr]
Platinius Herendius and Tindira are already in the mod, and so are their houses.

Comments?
01-28-2008, 04:59 PM,

I like the quest,

are these heather flowers no different from other heather flowers ?

what is the reason he is unable to get them ?

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
01-29-2008, 01:29 PM,

100 gold seems like a lot for 5 flowers.
01-29-2008, 10:55 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
are these heather flowers no different from other heather flowers ?

what is the reason he is unable to get them ?

Heather flowers don't grow in the Reich Parkeep region or the Bitter Coast. They'd have to be found either in a store (not always guaranteed of course) or a lot farther south. Collecting five Heather flowers might be harder than it sounds.

I could change it so it's a specific type of rare flower, but the idea was that it would be a simple go-get-it-wherever-you-can-find-it errand.

Quote:Originally posted by Alasdair
100 gold seems like a lot for 5 flowers.

I said 100 gold because any lower would make it seem like a pointless task. I could make it a reward of 0 - in other words another 'just for the sake of love' quest - but anywhere in-between would just not seem right. There could be a reward that isn't immediately obvious, like a reputation boost.

Plus, as I said above, it's not supposed to be as easy as it might sound.
01-30-2008, 04:21 AM,

Sounds like a valid reason to me :check:

Thanks

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories