Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Maps (REFERENCE ONLY - No Posting)
06-28-2009, 12:45 AM,
All Maps (REFERENCE ONLY - No Posting)
Current BM location co-ordinates

Our main worldspace = 'blackmarshes'

Use the console, type '~' and 'cow'.

Type the following command: 'cow blackmarshes XX'.
'XX' are the coordinates or cell ID.

Settlements
  • Alten Corimont 7,20
  • Alten Meirhall 20,-27
  • Archon 37,-12
  • Blackrose 15,-16
  • Chasepoint -20,-20
  • Gideon -25,-1
  • Glenbridge -14,-2
  • Glok-Chuba -6,18
  • GoJa Morgoa -5,-4
  • Greenspring 4,5
  • Hixinoag -10,12
  • Ixototon 6,-28
  • Kangumabog -5,-7
  • Kulu-Hees -7,3
  • Lilmoth 30,-28
  • Longmont 12,-23
  • Maupan 28,-16
  • Monago Oag 3,16
  • Moonmarch 2,-20
  • Nu-Tlak -3,-1
  • Pholmolo -11,22
  • Portdon 40,0
  • Rathilnoag 27,-17
  • Rock Grove -15,-10
  • Rockguard -20,1
  • Seafalls (actually referred to as 'Seafalls2' after relocation) 40,2
  • Seaspring 28,-10
  • Sloughpoint -18,7
  • Soulrest -28,-28
  • Stonewastes -19,-5
  • Stormhold -3,24
  • Tenmar Wall -14,17
  • Thorn 38,28
  • Utateki -2,12

Dungeons

ROOTWORMS
  • Bereft Rootworm -5,1
  • Mortified Rootworm -19,8
  • Wasted Rootworm -10,10
HIST SHRINES
  • Ixtuthapan -4,27
CAVES
  • Frograt Barrow -8,19
  • Hixinoag Mine -8,11
  • Isthmane Grotto -24,4
BARSAEBIC (MOSSY) RUINS
  • LongHarrow (Xarphyrial) -8,-5
  • Maldava -5,22
  • Mokumalata -10,17
  • Norgramyre -14,3
  • Wrothwyll Fen -4,-14
AYLEID RUIN
  • Garden of the Autarch -30,-16 (also an entrance at Mannatyr Archipelago -31,-18)
FORTS
  • Fort Carmine -17,13
  • Fort Scorpion -23,-6

Other Significant Places
  • Rottmere's Folly (bridge across the Everglades) -8,-1
  • Scorpion (Dorsza) Pass -24,-10

Please notify me if there are other locations not yet added to this list - Ibsen's Ghost.[/HR]

All BM locations and maps

Many people have been asking about maps lately so I thought I would create one single thread devoted to the maps of BM, beginning with the large maps that cover the whole area and also help to mark out the beta regions and followed by the landscapes of the beta region. I will post these up in full in separate sections so expect this page to take some time to load....avoid posting a response here as you'll only distract from the function of the thread.

A note on using the maps: There are numbers along the sides of the landscape maps. These correspond to the x and y axes of any geographic map. If you're unfamiliar with this then you just need to remember the old phrase 'along the corridor and up the stairs' to know that the 'corridor' spans west-east and the 'stairs' span north-south. Match them up to find the location you're after.

The x co-ordinates to the far-left of the BM maps are all minus values (most of the beta region area lie in places beginning with minus values) whilst the y co-ordinates to the far south are the minus values (this includes the Parchlands and excludes the jungle).

You can teleport around the BM map by going into the console by pressing the key that produces this tiny mark ` which is normally found at the top left of your keyboard. Then try typing the following command: cow blackmarshes -20,01

This example should land you just in or near to Rockguard. Try matching up the numbers to see how it works.

Still confused? PM me.

Full map of Argonia:

[Image: Argonia.jpg]

Old Climate map:

[Image: BlackMarshClimateMap.jpg]

Old Height map (take note that this has changed quite significantly and will continue to do so):

[Image: BMHM.jpg]

Geographic map of the beta regions:

[Image: BlackMarshGeographicMap2-2.jpg]

Settlement map of the beta regions:

[Image: BlackMarshSettlementMap-1.jpg]

Landscapes - The Naga-Cradle Jungle:

[Image: LandscapeClaims-JungleBWRegion-1.jpg]

Landscapes - Southern Blackwood:

[Image: LandscapeClaims-BWSouthRegion-1.jpg]

Landscapes - Rottmere Everglades:

[Image: LandscapeClaims-EvergladesRegion.jpg]

Landscapes - Northern Parchlands:

[Image: LandscapeClaims-ParchlandsNorthRegi.jpg]

Landscapes - Southern Parchlands & Darkmoor:

[Image: LandscapeClaims-ParchlandsSouthRegi.jpg]
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
06-28-2009, 12:52 AM,

Thanks mate! :goodjob:
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
06-28-2009, 10:26 AM,

I added a .rar file as an attachment. This is designed to assist landscapers. The way I've been keeping track of the cells I complete is by changing the colour of each cell to black as I go. This marks out each cell as having been completed. It's a useful modding tool.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
08-23-2009, 08:03 PM,

In order to give myself a sense of perspective during landscaping and region generation periods, I've gradually built up a new set of maps that covers the entire worldspace of the Black Marshes.

You can observe the basic shape of the thing here: [Image: BMMapFull.jpg] .
I've tried to keep as much as possible to the maps that we originally used to plan out the regions and settlements. This cut-together map is very rough and doesn't quite match up to the really flashy map at the top but it does certainly give you an idea of the available space.

I'm still restricting work on the beta regions but, if this mod were ever to develop into its full-fledged form then this is a basic plan of how things would look from very, very high up. If you use the attached Powerpoint in a .rar file you will see how the co-ordinates in the CS match up to these plans and you'll also notice that there is still quite a bit of landscaping to do before we ever get close to realising the full thing. When you open the document, press F5 and you will see that the Powerpoint is fully hyper-linked so you can click on whichever area you want to view.

Of course, there was no such work as this before I arrived and this means that everything was way out of place. One casualty of this was Seafalls which is way too close and, going by this map, is in Murkwood (I think) close to Lake Ixithmai in the East.
08-24-2009, 11:47 AM,

Here are the grid maps up close featuring all the settlements. Each one appears on the cut-together map in horizontal strips across the North, mid-section and South areas. Full details on the colour scheme for the regions can be found in the .rar file posted above.

Some settlements and regions have been merged to make things look less cluttered within a relatively small WS (compared to some). Note the absence of the Crimson Isle (which can be added later if needs be) and the fact that Seafalls currently lies in Eastern Murkwood near Foggy Bog (18,-4) in the present esm. It would have to be moved about 22 cells East and up a bit (around 40,2)

Irritatingly, the current landmass appears to meet the sea around about x co-ordinate 18-19 which means that a little beyond the capital of Helstrom (and across Gutam-Che), the rest of the map has yet to be generated:

01 - Stormhold & Naga-Cradle Jungle
[Image: 01-NagaStormhold4.jpg]
02 - Arnesian Jungle & North Vudai Marsh
[Image: 05-VudaiArnesian3.jpg]
03 - Hankaj Coast
[Image: 07-HankajCoast3.jpg]
04 - Blackwood with Gideon
[Image: 02-BlackwoodGideon3.jpg]
05 - Blackwood, Everglades & West Murkwood
[Image: 04-StonewastesRockGrove6.jpg]
06 - Murkwood & Foggy Bog
[Image: 06-Murkwood3.jpg]
07 - Parchlands & Mangroves
[Image: 03-TheParchlands4.jpg]
08 - Klamahee Glades (merged Gator Glades and Klamahee Mangroves) & Lake Matuchopan
[Image: 08-Matuchopan2.jpg]
02-17-2010, 06:52 PM,

I just cant wait to brake the borders of the beta-region
04-04-2010, 10:44 PM,

Possible revisions to these maps are being discussed here:

Extra Argonian Villages?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
10-09-2010, 09:44 AM,

I'm adding the latest BlackMarsh height map here temporarily....until the next one is produced. This replaces the one in the OP above. I'd like to keep all of these together though as it's good to have a visual record of progress. The reason for doing this is so that TOYB can work on our in-game map. You'll notice that some features surrounded by water such as Sloughpoint, the new city of Blackrose and the Mannatyr archipelago stand out very clearly. It's often easy to pick out the features and settlements. =)

Compare this with the 'Geographic Map' above and you can see where we're heading with this...

[Image: BlackMarshWS.jpg]
10-09-2010, 10:14 AM,

Ah. TOYB and Torgrim (sp?) did such a great job on the High Rock map. This should be good.

Will it be in the very same style as the vanilla Oblivion Cyrodiil map or something more unique to BM?
10-09-2010, 11:06 AM,

Great to see the current heightmap. I'm curious though about the big gap up in the north-east. Is that going to be filled in at some point?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!