Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another VA reporting in
04-05-2006, 01:31 PM,
Another VA reporting in
Hello,

I really like the idea of your project and I would like to contribute with my voice. Check out samples provided here and here. Forget about the Nord attempts, I think they are really bad Big Grin I figured out I can only do Dunmer. Thanks, and good luck!

ps I know you guys have a lot of Dunmer voices, but in a province where all the natives are Dunmer, the more the merrier ^^
04-05-2006, 01:51 PM,

Welcome to Silgrad Tower!
:wave:

I've been testing out dialogue and voice work a bit recently but so far I haven't had much luck. I hope a tutorial comes out where it's explained how to add voice work to written dialogue. Then again *cough* I'm not saying I have figured out how to add much written dialogue either. I tried to add a new greeting but it seemed to want to be placed at the bottom of the dialogue responses, probably meaning that the player would never hear it.

Generally speaking though Oblivion uses the mp3 format for voices. Would it be possible for you to provide the voice clips in that format? Oh, and from my limited experience it seems that if one wants to lipsynch a spoken clip, it has to be done from a .wav file. ?(
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-05-2006, 02:12 PM,

I can provide the sound files in any format (well, any common format, that is) you need. But I hope the samples are good as they are (in wma).

ps Thx for the welcome :goodjob:
04-05-2006, 07:32 PM,

Welcome from me as well, Caius!
:wave:

Sounds good Caius. Do you think you could send a bigger uncompressed file to me? There was a lot of static in them. Wink

-NR
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
04-07-2006, 02:07 PM,

Sry for being away. Anyway, I just bought a new mic so I made a test sentence with it. Here it is, tho it's badly compressed. I'm making new samples ATM. Glad you like it.

EDIT: OK, here are some uncompressed sentences.
04-08-2006, 02:43 AM,

They're outstanding! I really liked the 'beg' one.

I think the only thing that is keeping them from sounding exactly is your accent. It's not a bad thing, but it's fairly heavy in some parts. It is definately the best dark elf voice I've heard since TES 3! :goodjob:

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
04-08-2006, 10:13 AM,

Ooh, thanks Smile I don't know what to say Smile Or, on a second thought, I do: please point out the biggest inaccuracies in my accent so I can eliminate them. Thanks!
04-08-2006, 07:13 PM,

It's kinda sad when you think that there has to be only one "main" Dunmer voice actor (other people who can do that voice could do specific characters maybe), or else it won't sound consistent. Or, you could have different voice actors for each of the Houses, and outland Dunmer would just sound like High Elves, as they do in Cyrodiil.
04-08-2006, 07:26 PM,

What made you believe that we were looking for only one main Dunmer voice? I have plans to have more than a few voices of each race if possible.... no worries, mate.

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
04-08-2006, 07:41 PM,

I was saying that it wouldn't sound very consistent if, for example, an NPC has dialogue topic that is voiced by voice actor A, and another dialogue topic that is voiced by voice actor B.