Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any other Ravens?
01-06-2006, 10:59 AM,
Any other Ravens?
Just for the record, there is a fantasy series called:

'Chronicles of The Raven' and 'Legends of The Raven'
by James Barclay

Edit: hope it's clear what I am looking for is links with Ravens in fantasy books, games, etc...
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
01-07-2006, 05:40 AM,
RE: Any other Ravens?
I have never heard of James Barclay. Is he an author that you would recommend?

So far, my favorite fantasy novels (besides LoTR of course) are the 'Shannarra' series by Terry Brooks. I would recommend them if you haven't already.
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
01-07-2006, 12:49 PM,
Suspect that answer has to go to the general section, but just for you, I am enjoying the latest book in the series as what I feel to be a light, action-oriented read. One of the most imporant themes of the series is the team spirit of The Raven's members - that's what makes them different as they like to say.
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

01-07-2006, 12:51 PM,

I remember that there is a Raven Armory in England that makes swords and armor for re-enactments - both the real thing and 'fakes.'
Steven Erikson.

01-08-2006, 05:27 PM,
Quote:Originally posted by 1999
Suspect that answer has to go to the general section, but just for you, I am enjoying the latest book in the series as what I feel to be a light, action-oriented read. One of the most imporant themes of the series is the team spirit of The Raven's members - that's what makes them different as they like to say.

Well, in that case, there is a software developer called Raven Software, they made games such as X-Men: Legends III.
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
01-09-2006, 10:33 AM,
:banana: cool. Raven Software. Cool

Gotta respond to that. There's a Raven Tavern in the Tower of Silgrad! :lol:

And Odin's two Ravens that sit on the World Tree in the Norse Myths and Legends
Steven Erikson.

01-09-2006, 05:02 PM,

Of course is there a Raven tavern in Silgrad. Where do you think did this board got its name from? Wink

Greetings

Quentin

P.S.: I remember that there once was a wrestler who called himself Raven ... always quoting from Poe's famous poem ...
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
10-11-2006, 12:12 AM,

"Quoth the Raven nevermore"
Kraken, its whats for diner.
Those are good words, I like to wave at them as they pass by.