Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Argonian paintings
09-01-2010, 09:04 PM,

Hmm, well a certain amount of region generation is unavoidable anyway. And it would just be a stripped-down version of the preset we've already done.

But, I think having it hillier would be a good idea anyway, as it makes it more different to the Naga-Cradle. Just no high mountains, I'm afraid.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
09-01-2010, 09:09 PM,

I guess I'll have to over-extend the map a bit and just place an invisible border around it.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
09-01-2010, 09:23 PM,

Over-extend how exactly? An invisible border will be required anyway, due to the bizarre bug that means horses can climb up nearly vertical surfaces...

09-01-2010, 09:26 PM,

I didn't know that... :eek:

I mean over-extend the height-map (and generate it) so that it looks like you can see Morrowind beyond the confines of Blackmarsh.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
09-01-2010, 09:38 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
I didn't know that... :eek:

Seriously, when you next get a moment, fire up Oblivion and check it out. Ride your horse straight up the side of the Jerall mountains. Unlike humans they have no stumbling animation, so you get the ridiculous spectacle of a knight in full armour sticking out 70 degrees from horizontal.... Apparently they enchant horsehoes with incredibly powerful gravity generators in Cyrodiil.

Extending the heightmap isn't a big deal, I did it for both Hammerfell and Skyrim in High Rock. You only need to generate a short distance beyond the border (which will be the same preset anyway) and the rest will only be for LOD, so no need to landscape, and only generate big rocks and trees.

09-01-2010, 09:46 PM,

Aye, it's a case of getting that transition though. It shouldn't be too 'jungly' over there....
09-01-2010, 10:00 PM,

South Morrowind IS covered in jungle.

09-02-2010, 06:33 PM,

Um, yes. I knew that, of course... :O
09-02-2010, 07:07 PM,

Geologically this could be justified as a volcanic intrusion - basically magma from an ancient volcano pushes up through softer surrounding rock, which then gets eroded away to leave the magma tube left behind. See wikipedia for Intrusion and Devils Tower National Monument.
Morcroft Darkes
09-02-2010, 07:09 PM,

That actually makes a fair bit of sense, as we know that MW is volcanic. It's just that we know from lore that the mountains don't go all the way to the sea, and I'd like to avoid a big break like that if possible.