Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Argonians
09-28-2005, 08:05 PM,
Argonians
Hello again, everyone!
I started to make a mod that adds a mountain village that's populated with argonians. And i have one question: How does the houses look in the Black Marshes? Do they live in huts or shacks?

~1337
09-28-2005, 08:17 PM,

you an argonian fan? so am I! hooray!
anyhow... I think they'd live in several types of homes depending on the region...

the more aquatic breeds might not even make homes, or if they do it might be a cave or a sort of hut.... made of reeds and such....

some might live in trees... and others in tents made of hide... stilt villiages aren't out of the question and perhaps not stone buildings... but Argonians were never known to use stone or metal in their houses... they are very aboriginal and primitive in SOME ways...

BUT, this is a mountain villiage... so I'd say hide-tents and 'western' architecture... and little bit...and maybe a Velothi Tower, maybe as a communual hall? Argonians are social creatures and Velothi Architecture is everywhere in Morrowind...
09-28-2005, 09:12 PM,

They've always struck me as being on the same level as people from the stone age, so I imagine their dwellings would be very simplistic. Caves and burrows would work, or maybe they'd live in huge, hollowed out trees? Then again if these particular argonians are civilized then I would imagine their homes could look like just about anything. I don't really know, but I love to speculate.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
09-29-2005, 12:38 AM,

I felt that they'd be siphisticated stone-age level folk... like the Aztecs... they were in between stone-metal age and were basically stone-age level people just beginning to go into metal working...

Argonians are similar in that they live in marshy jungle, no pack animals, few mountainous regions were quarries are easily made... so only a few tribes could aford to use stone or metal... most would trade for it or use bone and wood etc. right?

about housing... since it is in Morrowind, in the highlands... there should be a fence of sorts... discourage Dunmer from going in...
maybe huts covered and lined with hides... communual area, for rituals etc. ....no Argonian would like to be awy from the Hist trees... but these guys are pioneers I guess... in a land owned by those who share a mutual hate with them....
09-29-2005, 03:05 PM,

I'll take some in-game screenies to show how i made it.
Those gys live on huge rocks, and underneith water.
They have a silt strider port, the airpath is to somewhere near 16, -11.
09-29-2005, 03:16 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by 1337Elite
I'll take some in-game screenies to show how i made it.
Those gys live on huge rocks, and underneith water.
They have a silt strider port, the airpath is to somewhere near 16, -11.

Our mod is nowhere near 16, -11? To me, that coordinate sounds like somewhere in the vicinity of Sadrith Mora, on the other side of the world.

Horisontally, we start at -13 and end westward at -29.
Vertically we start at 7 and end southward in -7.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
09-29-2005, 03:50 PM,

Oh, jeez. I said wrong... it's -16, 11.
It's in the West Gash Region.
09-29-2005, 04:37 PM,

I don't have any in-game shots yet, but i have some from the editor...
I'll attach them here.
And by the way, what is that hanging bridge called, in Construction Set?
EDIT: Added some more pics, now with Post Processing!It makes the images blurry and soft.
09-30-2005, 12:47 AM,

1337Elite: I anticipated the possibility that your coordinates were different from how you originally wrote them, but whichever way they are turned they are not in our mod.

We don't mod in the West Gash region and the screenshots you posted isn't from our mod. So naturally, I don't think we can do anything about it. Apart from the new Gnaar Mok adventure and the boatman in Gnisis who supposedly still exists, our mod doesn't touch anything on Vvardenfell.

Personally I don't recognize the location either so my hunch is that it's put there by another mod and not the standard game. If so, ?t voila, you've got a mod conflict Big Grin ...so you would then need to uninstall either of those mods for it to look normal again.

I haven't played Morrowind in awhile so my memory is hazy but I think that if you bring up the console then muck about with the mouse, you can hover your cursor over an object to get the ID.
Angel mired in filth
09-30-2005, 02:04 AM,

it looks like a good argonian retreat... its good coflict w/ other mods isn't... best of luck to you!