Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artifact- Ring of Madness
04-08-2006, 10:49 AM,

I suggest making it decrease personality and intelligence with 50 and increase luck with 100 (can u get a negative intelligence btw?)
[1ST]T[/1ST]his is what a heightmap looks like, this is what it does when it catches hold of you, it's eating me alive and very soon now it will kill me.
04-08-2006, 11:55 PM,

nerbod... Princess Mononoke! great movie!

so you are really lucky but intelliegence and personality go down
04-09-2006, 12:04 AM,

You should make it do something special along with the status effects, like Wabbajack.
04-09-2006, 12:10 AM,

Make it a constant effect variable, with increase of Luck from 10-100 and decrease of intelligence from 20-90. That way, the player will have an unpredictable effect when they put it on, unless they want to spend a ton of time taking it on and off until they arrive at a +100 luck with -20 intel, which would be the ideal.
04-09-2006, 12:51 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Vrenir
Make it a constant effect variable, with increase of Luck from 10-100 and decrease of intelligence from 20-90. That way, the player will have an unpredictable effect when they put it on, unless they want to spend a ton of time taking it on and off until they arrive at a +100 luck with -20 intel, which would be the ideal.

That'd be cool. Make it so its hard to get -20 int, and 100 luck. And make it so that its 30-150 for luck
04-09-2006, 01:45 AM,

I do not know if you can code this in, but if it is going to be a quest item, you have to wear it. and it wont get of you until you do such and such. There was a part in oblivion where you had bands, and only one person could get them off you, something of that sort..
04-09-2006, 02:35 PM,

I just thought of an entire quest which would concern the ring of madness...

ok, there is this necromancer, however you dont know he is a necromancer in fact, well, except for a few skulls around his place he doesn't show a sign of it, now, he sends you on a quest to get the ring of madness for him but he gives it another name: the ring of divine. you get the ring in a dungeon and bring it back to him, he uses it to study for a day or something, then you can comeback to use the ring for yourself. When you come back, he says the ring was very important for his study and hegives you the ring, however, when you equip it, it does what it does, and even with the luck, you don't like it, so you try unequipping it but it doesn't work! the necromancer ran away and locked himself up in a unopanable room. You head out to town, ask around for him and it shows he has a rival somewhere around who seems to know more about him, he has a key to the back door of his labratory but those old caves are now haunted by evil... Well, you cut through the dungeon, kill the necromancer and find the cure for the ring in his back pocket...

ok... nice?
[1ST]T[/1ST]his is what a heightmap looks like, this is what it does when it catches hold of you, it's eating me alive and very soon now it will kill me.
04-09-2006, 02:43 PM,

Sounds like a good quest :goodjob:

If you want to claim the quest you can, just know that if Kukluza comes back and has his own idea for the quest than we're going to have to go with his. Know that the unequippable part may require some scripting, so you may have to learn a bit, or possib;y get help from the wiki or the official forums.

Also, where were you thinking of having the quest take place? under what circumstances? Do you just barge into the guys house and he has a quest for you?
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
04-09-2006, 02:55 PM,

I think I might let someone else do this for me, because I can't script a single thing, seriously nothing so I won't claim this quest yet.

I forgot to mention the first part which also answers your questions:

I think he lives in an old castle ruin or something, when you enter, you won't come across any monsters but when coming closer, there will be a voice over (like in the end of MW's main quest on red mountain) saying that guy needs help and it's safe around there. Ok, so he is in a certain room and that's where the story starts.
So actually, you barge into someones own castle ruin and he has a quest for you =)
04-09-2006, 03:11 PM,

Well you know, (as i've told many people) its not as hard as you think to learn. You should read some of the basic tutorials on TES CS Wiki. If you look under the index for the "My First Dungeon Tutorial" and complete that from begining to end, you'll learn alot :yes:
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"