Poll: Yay or Nay?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yay
0%
0 0%
Nay
0%
0 0%
Eitherway
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terminator Salvation - Yay or Nay?
03-05-2009, 08:43 AM,

So I just saw the trailer for Terminator Salvation the other day, and I was wondering what you guys think about the movie?

I think it looks pretty cool and I'll definitely watch it. The only negative thing is that it irks me that the franchise recast the role of John Connor so many times. In fact they recast it every time - for T3, the Sarah Connor chronicles, and now again in this flick. Edward Furlong is the only John Connor in my books... I grew up watching T2 (Furlong 1½ month older than me) and must've seen it like a dozen times. Him playing that role is so ingrained in my mind it's irritating to see someone else in it... and that's despite the fact that I do like Christian Bale as an actor ever since I saw American Psycho.

If they want a new actor why not just make up a new character? It's not like they're making a Lord of the Rings- or Harry Potter movie, where there's a defined character gallery and wealth of background information. I don't think viewers would really care if they invented a new protagonist, definitely not care as much as they do that Schwarzenegger isn't in the franchise any longer. Sure he's too old to play the role himself, but if they could create Gollum six or seven years ago they could darn well recreate Schwarzenegger's likeness.

But anyhow, I'll put my irks on the backburner and I'm sure Bale, who as I said I do like as an actor, will give an enjoyable performance. (And in any case I'm sure there'll be plenty death and carnage to keep me entertained. Tongue)
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-05-2009, 03:21 PM,

The first 2 films were great, number 3 sucked. But this looks quite interesting, I like the idea of the new machines, but from a story point of view its kinda derailed.

Instead of carrying on with the last stories, now the future is different ect, so its not quite the same.

Never the less, I will be watching it upon release.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
03-22-2009, 09:56 AM,

From what I understood, this movie takes place before the other ones maybe...? I say this because There are tons of robots, not trying to conceal their identities, which I think also happened in some sort of robot wars taking place before the current Terminator movies....

Of course, most of that is probably inaccurate, out-dated, uncalled for and made up entirely. :lol:

In any case, I like the looks of the new ones. It promises to at least be better than the days of Schwartzenegger as the Terminator. :yes:
I'll die to win, 'cuz I was born to loose.
[Image: nirvana.jpg]
04-02-2009, 09:00 AM,

If memory serves me right the three Terminator movies were all contemporary, taking place during the same time they were released. The first was just a very good action flick, while the second started a story arc about robots taking over the world. The protagonists prevented it in the second movie, it happened in the third movie, and now in the fourth movie the war rages between man and machine.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
11-18-2009, 07:52 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by ZDawg
From what I understood, this movie takes place before the other ones maybe...?
I think that Salvation is set before 1 because Kyle Rees is only a teenager, and the 1st one is when he gets sent back in time and 2 and 3 follow on from there. What's really confusing, though, is that if you followed on from 3, then you would eventually get to the events of 4. WTF? :confused:
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]