Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Authorization Required-Project Glory-Public Version
02-25-2008, 02:37 AM,

Think of it this way - the less time you spend on project glory (ie preferably zero as it should be obvious by now its pretty pointless. Its ok, we all make mistakes when we're unguided), the more time you can help us with the mod and get it to a more playable condition :yes:

C'mon, room for one more*.

*Private assets not included.
02-25-2008, 03:00 AM,

Oh god :no:

We've probably already scared him away, and aside from the fact that "project glory" probably has massive massive mod conflict errors, i would like to point out that the reason you face such rejection is because of your misunderstanding of the GNU: GPL license.

The GPL license is for those who have built their own software, and intended it to be shared freely. It is not legally binding in any way. You cannot take somebody else's software and claim GPL. Only the original author can declare that.

Please, when you so brazenly misinterpret something such as the GPL, and then use it to show disrespect towards modders, what do you expect? This is a community after all, and if you release something without the permission of one of us, you irk all of us.

If you want to make and release some mods, please do so (albeit under a perhaps less pretentious and haughty name), and if you want to make them with Silgrad tower, that'd be great. Just remember that in such a tightly knit online community there is no substitute for proper respect, no matter what your legal interpretation.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
02-25-2008, 03:13 AM,

It wasn't just the licence, he took advantage of APY being away for the weekend to quickly get his file online...
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
02-25-2008, 04:24 AM,

Howdy

Since I do not have alot of experience with mod compilations and such I will present my simplistic opinion and offical stance as a core member.

If the individual (TheModGod) wants to compile every Oblivion Mod which has been released and make one big whoopin Mod out of it, more power to him/her.

However if the team/creator of the individual mods which are included in such package do not give permission to said individual to release their mod in an un-offical package, the individual making this compilation should remove said mod from his/her compilation and move on.

thats bout as legal as I can get at 10:20 pm Central Time

If were voting, my vote would be... please remove it.

Thanks

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
02-25-2008, 09:17 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
However if the team/creator of the individual mods which are included in such package do not give permission to said individual to release their mod in an un-offical package, the individual making this compilation should remove said mod from his/her compilation and move on.

thats bout as legal as I can get at 10:20 pm Central Time

If were voting, my vote would be... please remove it.

Thanks

Enjoy
Bob
I agree.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
02-25-2008, 12:44 PM,

I finally understand what is being asked.
I use only a few mods, and one of them is conflicting with ST (discription in the faq forum). If I should have lot of landmass mods, then I would have probably much errors with the different worldspaces.
02-25-2008, 07:51 PM,

I wouldn't want the Silgrad Tower mod featured in compilations for several reasons. One is that we want our models and texturs to remain in the Silgrad Tower mod and when you put it in a compilation people won't know what our stuff is, let alone know that there is any models and textures at all in the compilation that aren't free to use in other mods. Another reason is that I personally don't like to think much about ST v2.5, it was a long time since we released it and I wouldn't want a massive amount of players thinking that version from mid-2007 gives a good impression of where we are in February 2008.

The golden rule is you ask first if there is even the slightest chance the creator wants to be asked beforehand about using their work. You certainly don't misinterpret readme's on purpose to make them out to say what you want them to say, like you ModGod did with ours. Judging by the reactions in the ESF thread we're not the only modders who feel you went about it the wrong way. Either way you would have gone about it I think we would have declined the offer to be in your compilation, but I'm sure some other mods would have accepted and then I'm sure your compilation would have gotten a very different reception. Though honestly, wouldn't it be more fun to create your own stuff? I can't see how making compilations would be very rewarding creatively.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
02-26-2008, 11:12 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Though honestly, wouldn't it be more fun to create your own stuff? I can't see how making compilations would be very rewarding creatively.
Heh, but in his words he's a "compilation artist". :lmao:

Anyway, this may as well be closed and done with now, as the project has been taken down from PES. There's a chance he may try hosting it elsewhere, but you would think he should have learnt his lesson by now. Here's hoping.
02-26-2008, 06:26 PM,

This reminds me of another such huge mishmash known as "Oblivion Zeta" made by a moron calling himself "Dzastreux" (Dzastrous -- at least it's frank and honest) "for" the French version of Oblivion. Same thing exactly -- a haphazard compilation of obsolete releases of mods, without ever asking for permission, thrown together without much consideration according to the principle that the bigger it is, the better it is.

It was pretty much the same story. He was told not to do that by modders and mod hosters alike, with the reasons -- both ethical and practical -- explained, decided to pick a fight versus the rest of the world and ended up laughed out of the forums, and banned. He and his few remaining supporters (who all have the common characteristic of lacking the most elementary grasp of spelling, by the way) ended up creating their own forum, though.