Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BM-Cyrodiil Border
01-19-2010, 09:08 PM,
BM-Cyrodiil Border
I figure that we need to start thinking about the border crossing properly.

Before I joined BM, I was attempting to join Tamriel Rebuilt's Hammerfall project (which decided that it didn't have enough modders, and ceased production :eek: ). Their project also exists in a seperate worldspace.

On the Cyrodiil side, there are two imperial forts (One north of bruma, and one right at on the coast, well north of anvil), and a cave (About half-way - Near Sanctre Tor). The forts charge a toll to cross, although there is a quest available for the bruma one (I assume they planned to add one for the other as well) that would allow free passage. The cave is full of smugglers, which also involves a quest to complete (Clearing the cave of goblins - One wonders how they were considered competent smugglers before the player comes along.)

Anyway, I figure that they have a decent enough concept for crossing, and that we should do something similar.
Does anyone have any ideas as to where in cyrodiil we should put our crossings?

(I have marked a few random trees in my betacomments file, but I'm not on that pc right now. Will post cell details at a later point)

- Kamahl =)
01-19-2010, 09:24 PM,

I've never really thought about the border crossings before, so I think that it's good that you brought this up.

I always imagined entry being via a boat from Leyawiin/Bravil/IC to the docks in Soulrest, and it would be similar to when you start a new game in Morrowind - you'd register in the Census and Excise Offices in Soulrest and the rest would be outlined from there.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
01-19-2010, 09:58 PM,
RE: BM-Cyrodiil Border
Quote:Originally posted by kamahl
I figure that we need to start thinking about the border crossing properly.

Before I joined BM, I was attempting to join Tamriel Rebuilt's Hammerfall project (which decided that it didn't have enough modders, and ceased production :eek: ). Their project also exists in a seperate worldspace.

EDIT: If IG wants me to, I can post TR_MAP9.esp

1. TR didn't have enough modellers and not modders. Without (decent) models, no modding!
2. I don't know if Lady N would be happy if you should upload TR_map 9. If the BM team needs inspiration, they can read you discription The discription is good.
01-19-2010, 10:46 PM,

I wouldn't want to speak for Ibsen Ghost but I believe he would not want to infringe upon anything TR. I agree with blackbird that liking ideas is great but that is as far as it should be brought. These are just my opinion do with them as you wish Smile

kamahl I am guessing you are new to these boards. So it is understandable to me that you may not know the general atmosphere reguarding other mods. Have a great day!
01-20-2010, 02:28 AM,

That would be why I chose not to upload it unless everyone was happy with the idea. You both just supported my original thoughts. I'll remove the edit Tongue

Anyway, back to the topic, Where should we put the crossings?
my betacomments say that Wilderness (33,-37) could be a nice place. Not sure if it's outside the official border region though.

A boat from leyawin or IC waterfront would also be a nice touch.
01-20-2010, 02:31 AM,

for the record, hammerfell did not stop, its simply moved to a different site. considering how often i say this and how obviously it is written in the news post, i am very surprised at the number of people who think the mod is dead :eek:

i also wonder how you got our internal file. considering that youre not a member of TR or a member of the new hammerfell, i can only conclude that you are the playtester who volunteered to test the mod and ran off with the file, never providing any sort of input. and then you come here and want to post a file we trusted you to keep to yourself? shame on you.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
01-20-2010, 02:38 AM,

I asked to be playtester, and then when I posted my showcase, it vanished. I felt fairly rejected, and then the newspost said it had stopped. If it truly is still alive, I would still like to be a part of the team. Although for the sake of spamming the thread, can we take this to PMs?
01-20-2010, 09:00 AM,

I agree with Lady Nerevar, using files from other mods without permission is absolutely unacceptable.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD