Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BM- The Battle of Argonia
09-16-2006, 01:10 PM,
BM- The Battle of Argonia
I will continue the story as I go... this is the first chapter, and literally, the storm clouds gather Big Grin. This will be about Reman Dynasty's conquest of Black Marsh. There will probably be about 5 chapters. I really just couldn't handle the Arnesian War story... that sent up is cool but I just didn't like that monthly style, it was not my style.

[/hr]

The Battle of Argonia
by Im-Kalaya

The year is 2811 of the First Era. It is spring, Reman II, not yet Emperor of Cyrodiil, must prove himself. In his tower he looks at his map and goes back and forth between the two eastern provinces; he sets his sights on Black Marsh. Jung-Komuee looked up into the night sky, the stars said someone was invading. The Hist trembled and told their shamans to help their people, the priest-king sent messengers to go to all tribes. All tribes must meet at Helstrom, or Hist-Oom as his people called it, the People of the Root.

Chapter 1 - Storm Clouds Gather

Reman II looked at the eaves of Blackwood. Still quite untamed, however at least the Cyrodiil side of it didn't have too many Argonians, only minotaurs, goblin warbands, small groups of Dreugh and a few dangerous bandits here and there.
"Scout, how much farther till we reach Argonia?"
"Not much farther king....", replied Bak-gonee
"How far till Latangta?" grumbled the young king.
"patience, the Ayleid town is a week's march."
"A week! But I thought it wasn't far off!"
"No, it isn't far away, but it will take long to get there."
The army trudged through wet soil and underbrush as it entered the eaves of Blackwood. The men began to grumble, but soon fell silent as the shadow of the forest and the lack of woodland sounds and animals cast them into a tense mood. Something rustled nearby. Five mercenaries were sent to investigate, screams, fighting, one came back saying it was a bunch of goblins but they were now dead. The army went on. Some of the more native Cyrodiilics picked a few edible berries along the way, but those were scarce. Soon the long line of soldiers completely disappeared into the forest.
Maha-Serishae looked at the disappearing column of troops. I a week's time he was to lead the Akaviri troops and a legion to a Ayleid ruin called Gideon. He might as well get a head-start and began ordering his men to get ready for the long march. Honor-bound, Maha-Serishae had no qualms about helping Reman II, future emperor, but he was a bit disillusioned by the invasion of Argonia.

It was a cloudy day, but the council met nevertheless and gathered outdoors at the roots of a Hist. A few hundred Argonians, Nagas, and tribal men sat around a cricle drawn in the dirt with red clay. This was the orator's circle. Jung-Komuee stood up and walked into the circle. It was hard enough getting all the tribal leaders here. It would be even harder to convice the Nagas to fight as one with the Argonians. Even harder would be the convincing of the Horwalli, Yerpest, and Kothringi to fight with them.
"Fellow People of the Root, People of the Mangroves and Bogs, People of the Sea and Stone, People of the Caves, and People of the Tree-homes, I gather you all today at Hist-Oom, the great Hist-city of our kind and next to the light river running. I call to you all to unite to fight the great king from the Heartlands. He has steel legions, mercenaries from around the world, and even those from the eastern lands far away. He comes to take our lands from us, and to destroy us, or worse, make us slaves. Do you think you can just stay deep in the marshes? No, they will find a way to catch us. We must fight them and not let them take our lands. Is it reasonable that when a man comes to defile one's mother, that we hide away? NO! We fight to the death to defend our mother. The spirits speak and the Hist tell us, we must protect the land. Who will join us!?"
A slim looking Agaceph chief stood up. He looked sullen but determined. He walked into the council's orator circle after Jung-Muee left.
"People of the Root, I come from the Hist forests of the center. I am from what some call Murkwood. We Argonians of Murkwood do not want war. And when we don't want war we retreat farther in. Should the mother not defend its child when the child is being bullied? I speak for the Agacephs, we will not fight the Heartlands King, he will wait. We all know times change, the calendar of roots says every Ha'tun a new cycle begins. Sometime the Imperial cycle will end and with the new Ha'tun, we can emerge again and take back our lands. We will not fight."
Jung-Muee sighed, he was expecting this. Most Argonians didn't want to fight. Only the ones in the north and deep south had a strong warrior culture... but he did not give up hope yet, a Naga stood up.
"I am Keesa of Tul'X'che. We Nagas will fight, but we will not fight them now. We will wait for them to be scattered and settled. Then we will raid them until they leave...."
They went on and on until all had spoken... now a battlechief would be named....

A few short Mer sat around a campfire. They talk with soft voices in an ancient tongue. Suddenly a large horse and an armored rider came through the underbrush. The Mer cast invisibility on themselves and ran.
Before Reman II stood a large pit in the earth. Within the pit was a large city. Pillars extended upwards and monuements and buildings culstered around them. A few Mer could be seen running around packing up camp and casting invisibility on themselves before running away. It was an ancient Ayleid city, now mostly deserted, except that Ayleid clans came occasionally to seek refuge in the halls of their ancestors. However interestingly, the pillars only reached up to the surface, to the top of the pit. Reman ordered a messenger to send for a architect to make a city here, to be made on the flat topped pillars. The sky darkened. One of the soldiers following their liege sighed and cried "Hist-piss". The sky began to rain. Reman hurried into his pavilion and sat down in a chair. They must hold out against the storm now until it subsides. "Stormhold. I will name it Stormhold." thought Reman as we stared into the haze of rain and mist.
09-16-2006, 02:23 PM,

Nice!
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail