Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BM Trailer
01-11-2010, 07:18 PM,

besides compression and darkness, it would be really cool to have some unique music for the video. the morrowind soundtrack is pretty recognizable as morrowind, and i think i recall some custom music being made for the project?
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
01-11-2010, 08:28 PM,

I liked the music, personally. Really relaxing! Nevertheless, there's plenty of Xaeaix's work that I have on hand for use in your next vid, if you plan to do another.

And some of the editing and footage is really sweet! It's a pity about some of the darker areas but, after all, we should present this as a 'glimpse' of the marshes and nothing more. I think you did a good job of selecting portions of the modding without exposing the whole thing. It was nice to see the Parchlands and Soulrest in there but I noticed that Chasepoint was an earlier version that missed surrounding trees. Still, no harm done. It looked nice enough...

I know what you mean about the compression as well. My FRAPS vids tend to produce videos that are absolutely huge but when you compress them you lose the quality in a big way and I personally don't have the time to spend uploading that much to servers. Uploading seems to take forever!

Anyway, I'll get this posted up on the Bethesda thread.

For the next vid, I should be able to send you some footage that I took myself. It doesn't look like I'll be able to send you decent footage of new stuff for quite some time as my graphics card has developed an error, resulting in weird textural planes cutting across objects and big holes in other objects. It's okay to play with but looks crap as promo material.

Nevertheless, let me know when you're ready to do another one and I'll suggest some areas for you to take footage from. Some things that I'd like to get out there eventually are llamaranger's and Koniption's architecture...and we should soon be able to see a more populated landscape with the new races...and hopefully some creatures soon...
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
01-11-2010, 08:33 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
I liked the music, personally. Really relaxing! Nevertheless, there's plenty of Xaeaix's work that I have on hand for use in your next vid, if you plan to do another.

And some of the editing and footage is really sweet! It's a pity about some of the darker areas but, after all, we should present this as a 'glimpse' of the marshes and nothing more. I think you did a good job of selecting portions of the modding without exposing the whole thing. It was nice to see the Parchlands and Soulrest in there but I noticed that Chasepoint was an earlier version that missed surrounding trees. Still, no harm done. It looked nice enough...

I know what you mean about the compression as well. My FRAPS vids tend to produce videos that are absolutely huge but when you compress them you lose the quality in a big way and I personally don't have the time to spend uploading that much to servers. Uploading seems to take forever!

Anyway, I'll get this posted up on the Bethesda thread.

For the next vid, I should be able to send you some footage that I took myself. It doesn't look like I'll be able to send you decent footage of new stuff for quite some time as my graphics card has developed an error, resulting in weird textural planes cutting across objects and big holes in other objects. It's okay to play with but looks crap as promo material.

Nevertheless, let me know when you're ready to do another one and I'll suggest some areas for you to take footage from. Some things that I'd like to get out there eventually are llamaranger's and Koniption's architecture...and we should soon be able to see a more populated landscape with the new races...and hopefully some creatures soon...

Thanks, IG.. About Chasepoint.. I have just toggled tt on them.. they 2D from the place where I was filming...

As soon as we have two more regions developed, and when I think out the intro, we can start filming.. If I'll get xae's songs that would be great!!! I plan to make full credits at the end of the next vid...
01-11-2010, 08:36 PM,

Also, Stormhold is coming along very nicely now so soon you'll be able to take some decent footage of its exterior - XJ's guards really add to the atmosphere of the area. In a couple of completed claims time I reckon it should be looking pretty good from a population perspective.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
01-11-2010, 08:47 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by jucklesjenk
Also, Stormhold is coming along very nicely now so soon you'll be able to take some decent footage of its exterior - XJ's guards really add to the atmosphere of the area. In a couple of completed claims time I reckon it should be looking pretty good from a population perspective.

Yeah! Plus the Banners
01-11-2010, 09:00 PM,

True! :yes:

Sorry I can't be more busy at this time but I'm weighed under at work. I'm itching to get Tenmar Wall finished.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
02-09-2010, 12:58 AM,
RE: BM Trailer
Omg it's so awesome to see my graveyard in there! Big Grin

...and yes I am open to working on Gideon again if no one else has taken it up.
02-09-2010, 01:30 AM,

Hello there! Glad to see you back in town Phinius!

The remaining interior claims for Gideon are open and waiting for you in the "Interior Claims" section.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
02-09-2010, 10:11 PM,

Brilliant! Great to see you back, Phinius! =)

We're about halfway through Stormhold and we've made some progress on Gideon but the other guys are commiting themselves to other settlements at the moment. This means it would be particularly nice to see Gideon coming along as well...