Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSF Forums!
04-18-2007, 09:33 PM,
BSF Forums!
Most people knew it was comming, but now it has happened! Fallout now has a place at the forums, and we have to share with lore incapable shooter-fans! X(

Who else is angry about this?
04-18-2007, 09:36 PM,

i belive you are wrong to generalise, especialy since weve been sharing it with lore incapable Xboxers all along Big Grin

personaly, i think each will stay to their area mostly (or i hope anyhow). some cross contamination may however be benificial to both
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
04-18-2007, 09:59 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
I belive you are wrong to generalise, especialy since weve been sharing it with lore incapable Xboxers all along Big Grin

personaly, I think each will stay to their area mostly (or I hope anyhow). some cross contamination may however be benificial to both

It means more futurisic TC mods, that will be headed by F3 people who don't know anything about modding. The ulitmate modding evil Wink
04-18-2007, 10:06 PM,

Relax Tongue I love FPS and I love modding. I don't see this as the beginning of the end. As long as thy keep there noses out of our lorebased mods it's ok. I mean the Spartan Project looks promising and I've had my own ideas of how Nirn would look in 2000 years Smile or 1000 (late renaissance Smile )
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
04-18-2007, 10:59 PM,

It's not like we're sharing it with Halo, this is Fallout we're talking about! The FPS/RPG crowd is in my opinion MUCH better mannered than the pure FPS crowd. It'll be fine.
This is the end, beautiful friend.
04-18-2007, 11:31 PM,

Quote:It means more futurisic TC mods, that will be headed by F3 people who don't know anything about modding. The ulitmate modding evil Wink

exept for the F3 part, theres plenty of that alredy Sad (not sayin' that futuristic TC's are bad, just not my taste)
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
04-19-2007, 01:26 AM,
RE: BSF Forums!
Quote:Originally posted by The Old Ye Bard
Meh, I don't really care. For the most part Xboxers stay off the mod boards for Oblivion, I figure it will likely be the same with Fallout. Sure now and then there is the "Mods On the Xbox" thread, but big deal, I've seen much stupider things posted by modders.

I'll admit that their are some jerks in the Xbox crowd, but whatever, again most of them avoid the mod/lore boards, and those threads that they do post asking about mods on the 360 are generally polite, albeit poorly written. Really I think Elder Scrolls people are a bit too stuck-up about lore, I mean so what if someone would rather spend their time doing something other than reading about the territorial gains and losses of the Remman Empire during the second era. I mean, I got into ES with Morrowind on the Xbox, and when I got it for the computer all the mods I created for myself never had any basis in lore what-so-ever.

Personally I'm kind of glad its on the same boards, I mean, if I ever decide to play Fallout, I don't have to create a new account, and I'll probably run into a couple of people from the Oblivion Forums on there.
04-19-2007, 02:17 AM,

It's not really a huge deal... I don't really think they'll be interested in the oblivion forums much. They've got their own, so why do they need ours? There's jerks in every party, so fallout people don't really matter much. And if some guys want to make futuristic mods, i don't have to play them, so what's the difference?

Being stuck up about lore is frankly stupid. There's guys like KuKulza who are experts at all kinds of lore, but he's not stuck up about it. Don't want elitists on the forums, cause having class divisions in a modding community is just stupid. (though there are always the people everyone hates, with the purposely bad english, but they don't count)
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-19-2007, 12:07 PM,

Quote:Most people knew it was comming, but now it has happened! Fallout now has a place at the forums, and we have to share with lore incapable shooter-fans! Mad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Fallout_01.jpg
Wow! that sure looks like an FPS to me!

Fallout was an Isometric (top down) RPG, no 'FPS' in sight. Maybe you should at least know what genre the game is before you start insulting it and its fans. As far as I can tell, the fallout fans are absoluetly terrified bethesda will turn their beloved series into a First-Person RPG (like oblivion) without a dice roll in sight, not the other way around.

Edit:

Note also the [URL="http://www.falloutvault.com/"]fallout wiki[/URL], with over 2,848 articles, fallout isn't short on lore either.
04-19-2007, 01:55 PM,

The official forums have always been full of dumb people, at least the general Oblivion board was/is. You know, the kind of people who get a headache trying to bend their mind around anything beyond Diablo's complexity and consider 'killin evrythink' the goal of the game.

But I don't necessarily think an average Fallout player is dumber than an average Elder Scrolls player, they're pretty involved games with a great sense of humor. I loved the cartoon images with the bright & bushytailed boy doing horrendously violent things Big Grin
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]