Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back Again
05-02-2010, 04:53 PM,
Back Again
Hello all,

I am back, hopefully for a while! Big Grin As I wrote back at the end of February, I was likely to be busy until around now. This was because of exams. Unfortunately the university had a few exams scheduled for me on the very last few days possible, and so I was busier than I thought I would be for longer than originally thought. But now it is summer, and besides a few short meetings relating to a student position, I should have more time on my hands. Last summer I decided to take a summer course, which ate up a lot of time (more than I had anticipated). I'm not taking a summer course this year, but I may try to find a part-time job of some sort at some point.

I've been occasionally dropping into the forum as a guest and looking at a few public threads. Now I'll try to catch up on everything, and then get to work on finishing my end of things for ST 3.0 (I'm sure I'm not the only one to be looking forward to that release Tongue).

A few notes: My computer, which already suffered from many issues (such as connection to the internet causing everything to lag), got to a point where it couldn't even run MS word without crashing, so it has finally been completely revamped. I think it may have been an accumulation of software 'junk' over the many years that I have had it. It is a custom-built computer, so I've had the hard drives, video card, motherboard, and pretty much everything replaced at some point, but the hard drive memory itself has probably never actually been wiped in over ten years (just transferred from one drive the next larger one). So what I did was I backed up all of my old files to an external drive, completely wiped everything, and installed Windows 7. I spent a few days installing drivers, reinstalling programs, etc... and now I think I finally have a reliable computer! Big Grin It's faster than the old one too, and Windows 7 seems really nice.

Looking forward to modding again! =)
05-02-2010, 05:06 PM,
RE: Back Again
That's good, because I've sent some Glaurok gro-Klumb lines to SACarrow for you to look at... Don't know if you've got them... Cool
05-02-2010, 06:53 PM,
RE: Back Again
Welcome back! Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-02-2010, 09:35 PM,

Welcome back TID Smile

Work has had my full attention in the past couple months. I am working an outage at the moment which leaves me with about an hour of time to my self on most nights. I am figuring this work stuff will last another couple of weeks and I will hopefully get a break from the many hours.

Anyway, yes ST 3.0 will be a welcome sight.

Have a great day
charles