Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best movie this year so far?
07-19-2008, 07:56 PM,
Best movie this year so far?
So, which movie so far this year do you think is the best? Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-19-2008, 08:29 PM,
RE: Best movie this year so far?
I'd like to know

I haven't seen any this year, most of the stuff that is made now is just remakes of stuff that was made years ago

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
07-19-2008, 08:38 PM,

I haven't been to the cinema that much this year and - on the blockbuster level - nothing I saw left me with this certain feeling of :worship:
The new Indiana Jones wasn't bad, but it lacked that kind of magic that made me buy leather jacket, hat and whip back in 1981.

On a smaller scale Bikur Ha-Tizmoret (The band's visit) has been a tremendous movie. Check the website and if you've got a chance, watch it.

What am I looking forward to? Definitely The dark knight, Hellboy 2 and Watchmen. Maybe one of those will become my movie of the year.

Greetings,

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
07-19-2008, 08:43 PM,

As a huge fan of Sci-Fi and a devoted marvel comics man, i would have to say Iron-Man.

A genious man, a Invincible armor and sarcasm. What else you would need in a movie?
07-19-2008, 09:06 PM,

Iron Man by far as been the best I've seen. The best comic book movie that is. I am very eager to see the new Batman though as I hear it's stellar.

Comedy wise? Juno was very good, and I also liked In Bruges which threw in some action as well as comedy, but definitely not the same level as Iron Man.
.Make Art Not War.
07-19-2008, 11:24 PM,

The Dark Knight came out in theatres just yesterday here, and having already seen it I must say it is just plain awesome. Period. Of the movies I've seen this year, it is my favorite by far.
07-20-2008, 01:23 AM,

Maybe I should go, I like all those kinds of movies Hellboy does seem interesting and I will definitly see Iron Man but when it comes out on DVD ... Big Grin

Thier should be a Morrowind Movie, watching Dagoth Ur going down on the big screen would be cool
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
07-20-2008, 08:00 PM,

Great, thanks for the tips guys! I'll be sure not to miss those movies.

My personal favourite so far is "John Rambo". It has everything an action movie should have, and in spades. I was impressed that Stallone could still pull that kind of physical acting, and impressed over how evil the bad guys were. Usually bad guys are wishy-washy evil but in this flick they really are pure evil, making the protagonist's victory that much more satisfying. So if one is in the mood for an action flick that one is sure to satiate.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-21-2008, 09:39 AM,

The best films I have seen from this year are Juno and Bienvenu chez les Cht'is.
I'm going to see in Bruges next week.
07-22-2008, 05:20 PM,

Ironman definately, though I haven't seen the Dark Knight yet. Hellboy 2 was very good, and I hear Wanted was amazing as well.
Lol what?