Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beta Landscaping Claims
01-17-2011, 09:35 AM,

I was actually thinking of using the cave tubes you made for Glok-Chuba, arranged in a spiralling pattern down into the ground... although now you've mentioned a surface site I find that intriguing too.

As for the Ukateki/Swampmoth question, we could simply have the Argonians take up residence in the fort (it is abandoned after all). Then we could just have a few long-dead campfires, rubbish heaps etc. on the site of Ukateki. Thoughts?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
01-17-2011, 08:28 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
I was actually thinking of using the cave tubes you made for Glok-Chuba, arranged in a spiralling pattern down into the ground... although now you've mentioned a surface site I find that intriguing too.

Either way is fine with me.

Although a problem with the surface site will be getting it in it's own worldspace. I see some ways around that though: build some walls around the top edges of the sinkhole for exterior, and have the sinkhole and city actually in an exterior. Or maybe the Argonians built many trees around the perimeter of the sinkhole, to prevent the sinkhole from growing in circumference (plant roots anchor soil and keep it from moving/eroding).

KP
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
01-17-2011, 09:10 PM,

I don't see how the tubes would work tbh....although we have a few rocks models we could adapt that would provide a kind of sloping platform that could skirt the edge of the sinkhole.

The possible problems here include: getting the Paatru buildings to fit around such a tight location. They are rounded and therefore would not make for good buildings to hang off ledges and would only really fit at the base of the sinkhole. Other constructions might be used but I'd have to take a look at what we have as I'm reluctant to force more out of Koniption under her heavy workload.

The other problem is water-level related. When I created Xarphyrial, I adopted a similar strategy and sunk the ground down, adjusting the water levels to fit. Xarphyrial is two cells across and one cell wide and it needed a perimeter of rocks and/or architecture. Theoretically, this could be expanded to 2x2 cells but this seems a lot for what should be rather a small village.

The best solution to my mind is to adopt what Deeza suggests and have Utateki as the small outlying camp that once surrounded Swampmoth. These residents may have since moved in and the Paatru might well have joined them by constructing their shell houses around the base of the tower which is partly sunken into the watery marshes. Such a huge edifice would likely attract natives as it would represent further protection and the name 'Utateki' simply becomes the Argonian name for 'Swampmoth'.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
01-18-2011, 08:12 AM,

That sounds like a good idea. There are a few too many Argonian villages in that region anyway, and I think it makes sense to have the populations of these taking refuge in such a defensible position.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
01-18-2011, 07:48 PM,

I was thinking I might move the Royal Legion in there with them too as they're likely to take a vested interested in the old Fort and may be required to help them defend it...especially if it gets overrun by Fear Lizards which is what I was hoping could happen.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]