Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bitter Coast "South" [Old Disc]
02-05-2008, 07:59 PM,

It sounds like you're both experts at this, while I'm definitely not, Smile but I'll add to the confusion anyway. Big Grin

ST is in its own ESM, with its own worldspaces, SilgradTowerLand being the major exterior worldspace. To mod this, you would need that ESM and associated resources. It does depend on pre-SI OB, but I think an SI OB ESM can be used if used very carefully. Altering anything in the Tamriel worldspace would be, as I understand it, a bad-bad. Smile

Please feel free to hammer away at this post from both sides. You (Legion) seem to have a lot of valuable experience to bring to ST, but I can't help but feel that there is a disconnect in this discussion.

BTW, know any voice actors? Tongue

Thanks,
Steve
The Voice Guy

EDIT: Voice-related posts moved to new thread in Acoustic Development.
02-05-2008, 09:42 PM,

Welcome to Silgrad Tower, Legion. Smile

I'll have my own little go at clearing a bit of confusion that might have come up.

Silgrad Tower is a fan-made mod that adds a lot more content to the Oblivion game - we have a landmass, quests, NPCs, and more.

The Silgrad Tower ESM (as opposed to an ESP) contains all of the work we've done so far. We keep our main landmass in a worldspace called SilgradTowerLand. If you look at the Silgrad Tower ESM in the Construction Set, it might make a little bit more sense.

We want our mod to affect as little from the original game as possible for many reasons. One very important one is that if our modding ESM changes something in the Oblivion ESM, the game could crash. Avoiding technical mod conflicts and ensuring that there is a zero percent chance of messing up something from the original game are other good reasons.

Silgrad Tower is a mod dependant on the Oblivion ESM (we load them together). However, there are two different versions of the Oblivion.esm. We use the one that came with the original game, no Shivering Isles expansion (abbreviated to SI). I could go into more technical detail, but I would probably cause more confusion.

Oh! And before I forget, the claim is granted. :check: Have fun, and we're here if you have any more questions.
02-05-2008, 09:46 PM,

Thanks for clearing up the Confusion TID :goodjob:. Thanks for aproving it. Do I need the Silgrad Tower ESM to begin working?
[Image: signature.jpg]
02-05-2008, 10:01 PM,

You're welcome. Big Grin

Yes, you need the ESM to start working. Smile

You'll find the public alpha release and instructions for installation here (it contains most of the models and textures you'd be working with), and the most recent model and texture update here. You need to use the latest version of the internal ESM (which is 2.92 at the time of writing this). It's a lot of stuff, so if you have questions about what goes where, ask.
02-05-2008, 10:04 PM,

thanks.
02-05-2008, 10:08 PM,

No problem.
02-05-2008, 10:11 PM,

ok so do I save my work in the esm or as a seperate plug in.
02-05-2008, 10:24 PM,

You load the Oblivion.esm and the Silgrad_Tower.esm. When you save, you will need to create a new ESP where you store your work. Use that ESP from then on as your active file for the Bitter Coast South region preset.

You can find information on how we'll handle your uploaded files here.

When you have an ESP with a good final preset, it will be merged to the ESM.
02-05-2008, 10:26 PM,

Thanks, I sound like a noob don't I . :lmao:
You also need to change the post name to claimed Wink
02-05-2008, 10:35 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Legion
You also need to change the post name to claimed Wink

Fixed. :check: :check: