03-18-2008, 01:51 PM,
Bitter Coast Trees
Alpha Phase

Bitter Coast Trees

3DSMAX File

High Res Image
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5975/...e01sc6.jpg
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/6645/...e02aw9.jpg
When there's nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire!
03-18-2008, 02:09 PM,
Wow, this is good!
Quick too. Big Grin

Thanks a lot,
Steve
03-18-2008, 06:00 PM,

Woow. Fantastic work! I can't wait to see them in all their uvw-mapped glory :goodjob:

I have a humble request. Do you think it would be possible to create a fake shadow model for each tree? Basically a planar mesh with a transparant, greyscale texture on it that give the impression the tree is casting a shadow. I think that could be a cool extra Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-28-2008, 01:40 AM,

They are looking very promising. Smile
03-28-2008, 07:02 AM,

Sorry if it's a stupid question with an obvious answer, but will they be statics like in Morrowind or will they be Oblivion-style speedtrees?
03-28-2008, 07:17 AM,

Nice trees !!! :goodjob:

Shadow Idea =Good

I thought they did Confusedhrug:

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-28-2008, 12:48 PM,

Glad to see you found a way to do this. Speed Tree didn't allow for those type of trees. Looks nice btw :goodjob:
To answer your question, yes. But probably no.
04-03-2008, 07:00 AM,
First try at mapping
I picked the tree that looked simplest: the one at the far right of the first picture. For a texture I used one that that Grey & I (mostly him) developed for our BC SpeedTrees. I also did a retex using the Kvatch burnt texture. To see ingame:
  • Put the texture in textures\trees\branches
  • Put the models in meshes\ST\Flora\Ambience\BitterCoast
  • Put the ESP in Data . Smile It only depends on OB.ESM. Then cow testtree 0 1 to see both.

It's a first cut, so let me know what you think. It's my first time mapping a tree, so pointers would be appreciated.

Some screens on PhotoBucket:
[Image: th_ScreenShot452.jpg][Image: th_ScreenShot453.jpg][Image: th_ScreenShot454.jpg][Image: th_ScreenShot455.jpg]
[Image: th_ScreenShot456.jpg][Image: th_ScreenShot457.jpg][Image: th_ScreenShot458.jpg][Image: th_ScreenShot459.jpg]

Bed now,
Steve
04-03-2008, 07:36 PM,

Nice work :goodjob:

The only thing I could see that was less than great was that I think the normal map is either a bit too strong or has too high contrast. Especially in this screenshot it looks like there isn't much variation between the average height and the deepest height of the normal map. So I think the bark might look even better if the normal map was either less strong, or smoother. (Or both.)
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-04-2008, 05:28 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Nice work :goodjob:

The only thing I could see that was less than great was that I think the normal map is either a bit too strong or has too high contrast. Especially in this screenshot it looks like there isn't much variation between the average height and the deepest height of the normal map. So I think the bark might look even better if the normal map was either less strong, or smoother. (Or both.)

Good work indeed.

To me it seems like in this screenshot you pointed to the texture is vertically stretched which destroys really the texture. On some other screenshots it seems like the normal map is way too deep, while the contrast in the color map too high.

With minor tweaks those trees will be perfect :goodjob:
Now i cant forget
coz my momma killed me